The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Gucci time is my favorite

psk probably his only other decent song

thing is I'm from philly and grew up with him so a lot of  my like for these two songs is nostalgia driven...take that out of it and both are probably average at best
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hunt

don't forget his cringeworthy video for no more rock'n'roll.

https://youtu.be/_s24l_oZhjg

on second thought...you might want to forget that one.

psk & gucci time were schoolly at his best...parkside 5-2 is alright. it really went downhill after those first 2 albums, imo.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Diomedes

A friend of mine who writes poetry referred to a Schooly-D track called "Am I Black Enough," or something like that.

If you could see my errands list, you'd find an item for listening to some Schooly-D so I can respond to my friend's work with some kind of appreciation for his references. 

He also brought this to my attention.  I'd never heard of Suheir Hammad before; she's something.

https://youtu.be/ryQzmI5iLLI
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Started watching Wu Tang an American Saga on Hulu last night. Not bad so far.

phattymatty

i was prepared for it to be trash but it was good.  casting was pretty spot on.

hunt

biggie will be inducted into the rock'n'roll hof if anyone cares.

Diomedes

Good, insofar as it will infuriate some who don't want those people in the Hall.

But yo:  what the farg is a rock and roll hall of fame, anyway?  Stupid shtein.  People suck.

ice grillin you

how was he not already in?

hunt

QuoteAn artist is not eligible for induction until 25 years after the release of their first single, album or EP, meaning that the 2020 class had to have released their first eligible music in 1994 or earlier.

it was biggie's first time on the ballot...and he got in.

hunt

crazy that it's been 25 years since ready to die.

ice grillin you

party and bullshtein was his first single and it dropped in 93 like a year and a half before ready to die....so if you wanna get nerdy he should have been eligible in 2018

hunt

and das efx should've been indiggityducted in 2017  8)

Diomedes

yes lets get nerdy over the fargin' rock and roll hall of fame