the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Got home from work and checked inside the garage and a few big drywall
type ceiling tiles were blown off and fell onto the Mustang.

USAA called me this morning to ask if everything was alright and I told them my truck was fine and inside my place but hadn't checked the garage but I would when I got home.

I didn't try to clean it off tonight to see if the paint is chipped/scratched. Tomorrow morning I'll go blow it off with air first and then wash it and see if I'm going to have to file a claim.

200 houses damaged. Some knocked off the foundation. Two known dead so far. The chief asked people within 1/2 miles radius to call if any body parts were found.

ice grillin you

QuoteJessica Mann testified in a Manhattan courtroom Friday that Harvey Weinstein engaged in forced oral sex and raped her in early 2013 and alleged that she was in a twisted relationship with him because of her sexual inexperience.

As Mann tearily described alleged incidents, she also made the bombshell claim that Weinstein was "intersex," saying he didn't have testicles and appeared to have a vagina.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Quotehe didn't have testicles and appeared to have a vagina.

Probably just the only time she's seen a really fat guy naked.

Diomedes

This new coronavirus got me thinking:  Really just a fantastic year for that virus...one little jump to a different species and what a ride they hitched!  Big growth, new regions, global in a day!  The future is bright!

Not so good from our point of view, of course, but the universe doesn't much care about our point of view.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

I don't think making the jump to humans is a wise move for a virus, especially if it's deadly. There's plenty of bats out there, and they don't have the means to eradicate you.

Herpes has the right idea. Lay low for years at a time, spread around when people don't even realize it, and make a big bet on people hating condoms.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Today is the 75th anniversary of the U.S. Marine Corps landing at Iwo Jima.  March 2 will be the 75th anniversary of my maternal grandfather's landing (1st battalian, 25th regiment, 4th Division).  A great deal of the story of my family goes to the 14 days he fought there, may he rest in peace.  May those he killed rest in peace, too.  Terrible history.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Holy shtein!  Iwo Jima, like most of the island battles in the Pacific, was horrible, bloody.  Japanese soldiers and their elaborate tunnel system did not go quietly.  Your grandfather must have had some incredible stories. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

I don't know about stories.  He had incredible trauma.   I know that he lied about his age to get into the Marines, and I know that upon landing, he was pinned down in a some kind of foxhole that was already occupied by dead Marines, for long enough that he was being shoved out of the hole into fire by the bloating of their bodies and he had to pierce them to let the gasses out.  He spent at least one night in that position.  Imagine you're 18 years old...they're all dying around you, the Japs are killing them and trying to kill you....alone.  But he got out of there and fought, was wounded, was promoted in the field because so many others had died that he was the most experienced in his unit...How many people did he kill?  I don't know but it was not a few.  The fighting was the closest and fiercest the U.S. Marine Corps ever experienced.  How many did he see killed...many more than he killed himself.  He survived, but he pretty much died there in a lot of ways, and the rest of the family paid the cost of living with a very broken man.  From outside, he seemed the typical veteran of his time, tough as nails etc..went on become U.S.M.C. drill instructor, joined FBI, left for private sector, was successful businessman, etc.

At home...different story.  His children were all deeply farged by being raised by a wreck of a man, and I'm the product of one of those.  A Catholic, he died certain that he was going to Hell.

Diomedes

Today is the 125th anniversary of Frederick Douglass' death.  Pour one out for a real American hero.

phattymatty

Munson

A lot of people are starting to hear about him
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

i learned everything I need to know about Freddy d from early 90's rap music
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous