Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Daughter's favorite band is fallout boy...taking her to see them at msg mid March. Not looking forward to it but whatever it's live music. Foo fighters in July. She's been taking guitar lessons for a year, let her pick out a new guitar for Xmas. She picked a black Les Paul custom. Looks identical to Adam Jones from TOOL's guitar

Munson

Fall Out Boy is fine. I'll always prefer their pop punk/emo early days to the stadium rock they do now but even some of that is catchy.

I bit the bullet and bought us tickets to Green Day at CBP in August. They announced they were playing Dookie and American Idiot in their entirety so I couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately once they made that announcement the prices of tickets jumped and I had to shell out lol.

Also seeing Taking Back Sunday at the Bottle n Cork in Dewey in August. It's been kinda cool seeing all the bands that were big when I was in HS starting to play Bottle and Cork, just saw Wheetus and Dashboard Confessional there last year
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on January 19, 2024, 09:08:04 PMFall Out Boy is fine. I'll always prefer their pop punk/emo early days to the stadium rock they do now but even some of that is catchy.

I bit the bullet and bought us tickets to Green Day at CBP in August. They announced they were playing Dookie and American Idiot in their entirety so I couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately once they made that announcement the prices of tickets jumped and I had to shell out lol.

Fallout boy show was pretty remarkable. Only know their popular stuff but they put on a helluva a show. Haven't been to many concerts where the crowd was as energized. Not a fan of their music but understand the popularity. My daughter said it was the best night of her life so it was worth the aggravation. Jimmy eat world opened (there were two other bands but they blew). They were half decent. Didn't get home until 3am. Train stopped mid trip for 30 minutes. First time seeing a show at msg but great concert venue.

I'll be at the Green Day concert in August. More going for smashing pumpkins but should be a great day of music

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

My daughter loves Fall Out Boy.  We saw them last summer in Tampa at an outdoor venue.  The show was great but Tampa in summer (or really any time) is like actual hell. 

terpseagles

Took my niece and nephew to FOB years ago.  Concur w/ the others - I'm not a huge fan but they put on a good show.
First time I saw a crowd use their phones for the encore instead of lighters...  shtein - most of the kids watched the show on their phones while sitting in the crowd.  Eesh.