CFFFL- entire team up for trade

Started by MURP, October 22, 2003, 02:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reidme

Quote from: NB on October 22, 2003, 07:26:10 PMI look at my team, and teams such as Philly Crew, and then I look at yours and I cringe when I see our teams 3-4 and yours in first place.

Take a look at the Muffed Punts. I go into a 16 team league with Brooks, Bulger, Travis Henry, Terrell Owens, and Plaxico Burress, along with supposed breakout sleepers Barlow and Onterrio ... and I have 1 win?! WTF?! I even tied a game I should have won by not activating my defense. And a girl is winning .....
The NFL old standard.

Zanshin

Quote from: MURP on October 22, 2003, 11:33:04 PM
There is no vetoing in this private league by anyone other than the commish....

NB-- so much for your tirade the other day about the veto period, auto e-mails, etc, huh?

MURP

its all in the yahoo rules which i've encouraged everyone to read before the start of each season.

Zanshin

Quote from: MURP on October 23, 2003, 09:04:58 AM
its all in the yahoo rules which i've encouraged everyone to read before the start of each season.

Oh, I know.  I was saying as much the other day....  NB was confused.

MURP

Zanshin

Quote from: MURP on October 23, 2003, 09:18:59 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on October 23, 2003, 09:06:19 AM
NB was confused.

shocked?   ;) ;D

Sure.  But at least all of the quality thinking he did that slowed up the draft has paid off with a solid 12th place for him so far.  Well worth the wait.  ;D

Zanshin

lol...no, you were telling us to shut up because there was an established veto and waiting process that we all somehow missed, remember?

MURP

there was no voting period last year.

Zanshin

And I said I wished there was one...because I knew there wasn't.

MURP

Quote from: NB on October 23, 2003, 05:26:05 PM
Quote from: MURP on October 23, 2003, 04:51:54 PM
there was no voting period last year.

Never said there was.

Quote from: NB on October 23, 2003, 04:29:06 PM
I thought there was one, everyone thought there was one because it is always that way.

but its not always that way.   ;D

and honestly, why do you think there should be a voting period for the league anyway?  Has there been a trade where a team was obviously and intentionally trying to assist the team they traded to?   That is the purpose of a trade veto vote.  To keep a team from assisting another team with a ridiculous trade.   Its not there to stop people from making legit trades just because other people dont want the trade to happen.

Reidme

I am one loss away from losing all hope. I am no quitter, and will do my best to make this season meaningful, even as a spoiler, but I am open to trade talks. I am willing to entertain any and all offers involving 2 tickets to a home game, or one case of Coors Light or Yeungling (bottles only), or any combination of the aforementioned.
The NFL old standard.

RomeyRome

Quote from: Reidme on October 23, 2003, 05:43:39 PM
I am one loss away from losing all hope. I am no quitter, and will do my best to make this season meaningful, even as a spoiler, but I am open to trade talks. I am willing to entertain any and all offers involving 2 tickets to a home game, or one case of Coors Light or Yeungling (bottles only), or any combination of the aforementioned.

:-D

MURP

ill give ya a case of coors light for Owens and Henry.   8)

RomeyRome

Quote from: MURP on October 23, 2003, 07:00:44 PM

ill give ya a case of coors light for Owens and Henry.   8)

Demand something imported or microbrewery Reidme!!

Reidme

Quote from: MURP on October 23, 2003, 07:00:44 PMill give ya a case of coors light for Owens and Henry.   8)

I smell a deal.  ;)
The NFL old standard.