Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

He is the best.  Fatty should take note.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 18, 2010, 01:06:03 AM
QuoteManuel on Oswalt running stop sign: "What am I gonna do? Rope him? I'm not a cowboy. I may look like one, talk like one. I'm not."

I love Uncle Chuck

I'm sure it was said many times last night, but I think I fell in love with Oswalt on that play.

SunMo

people are actually bitching about Howard being at the Phillies game.  i hate these farging bandwagon douche fans. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

LBIggle

Stupid Howard being at the game he's playing in.  bastich.

smeags

Quote from: SunMo on October 18, 2010, 08:28:16 AM
people are actually bitching about Howard being at the Phillies game.  i hate these farging bandwagon douche fans. 

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

joneszilla

I listened to part of the game on radio in my car.  And the announcer told a good story about Oswalt:  When Oswalt was in the minors with Houston they had a rule that all the starting pitchers had to throw a certain amount of breaking ball pitches each game(20%).  Oswalt was a pure power pitcher at the time.  So in the 1st inning he threw nothing but off-speed pitches and when he came off the field the manager said "what the farg was that all about?".  Oswalt replied " I am just getting those damn breaking balls out of the way so i can pitch."

PoopyfaceMcGee

Awesome.

"Roy Oswalt.  Pitcher."  (eyes roll)

SD

Quote from: LBIggle on October 18, 2010, 09:46:51 AM

lol

Fans were going nuts in that endzone

Munson

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 18, 2010, 01:07:33 PM
Awesome.

lol that was great

Chooch's was good too.

"Carlos Ruiz. Citcher. Muy nicknom iz Chooch"
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

charlie

So, I can't be the only one that thought Oswalt's "running through the stop sign" was a complete setup to get the OF to lob the throw in and get the cutoff guy to hesitate on his turn and throw to home (which he did). Perlozzo was about 15 feet from home when he put the sign up and Oswalt is not exactly fast.

It was a brilliant move if it was and really wouldn't have worked with any other player except maybe Ruiz.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I don't think it was intentional.  I think Perlozzo rightfully thought that Oswalt was toast with any kind of decent throw and that Roy simply saw the sign too late to do anything but keep going.  However, intentional or not, the hands in the air got Huff to cut off the throw and allowed Oswalt to score, show off his ability to slide while wearing a Starter jacker, and become a badass in Philly sports lore.  All's well that ends well.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 18, 2010, 01:07:33 PM
Awesome.

That and his crazy smile last week during the in game interview with Dubee were priceless.  Dude's an oddball.

Rome

Quote from: SD on October 18, 2010, 01:34:51 PM
lol

He was standing directly in front of my seats.

SD

Quote from: Rome on October 18, 2010, 06:29:31 PM
Quote from: SD on October 18, 2010, 01:34:51 PM
lol

He was standing directly in front of my seats.

Are they really 'your' seats if you're not there?

Rome

Yes.

And they might be my seats a lot more often if things go the way I want them to go.

:yay