Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 22, 2010, 11:41:39 AM
the problem is tho that they didnt replace harry....they continued on with the same dreck that was already in place

and no one is asking for another harry cause like you said that isnt gonna happen but there is something in between the worst announcers of all time and harray kalas

That's another kind of unique thing about this.......the Phils were already kind of shooing Harry out when he died and had been for a few years.  I doubt they were ever going to get rid of him, but he was bouncing back and forth between tv and radio during games so that his replacement(s) could be "groomed" and the fans didn't like it.  It actually caused more animosity from the fans because Harry was alive and calling games and they still couldn't get him for a full 9 innings. 

Quotei think if you had franzke la and sarge doing tv people would be estatic rather than comparing them to harry

At this point, yes.....because there's been more than a full season now with the garbage that they currently have in the booth, so almost anything is an upgrade......which is what my original point was to begin with.  Although I will say that Sarge is hard to listen to sometimes.  I like him, but he has a few moments every game where I have no idea what the hell he's talking about.  It's like trying to decifer some of 61's posts. 

ice grillin you

sarge is good in a bad way...even when hes mush mouthing it hes at least endearing

and if for no other reason he needs to be kept on because he actually will rip the team when warranted
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

as bad as they all are the phillies are having their highest rated season on csn

so clearly no one cares
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

charlie

Quote from: KDS on September 22, 2010, 01:48:01 PM
as bad as they all are the phillies are having their highest rated season on csn

so clearly no one cares

I am shocked that people would still want to watch baseball despite the specific announcers.

ice grillin you

honest truth....i literally turn off the sound sometimes when i get a phils feed...and just listen to music during the game...thats how much they bother me

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 22, 2010, 12:42:47 PM
sarge is good in a bad way...even when hes mush mouthing it hes at least endearing

and if for no other reason he needs to be kept on because he actually will rip the team when warranted

I don't understand the need for having a commentator who will "rip the team."  I don't ever recall hearing Harry rip the Phils, or even an individual player.  I remember him saying many times that the team isn't playing well or that a specific person isn't playing well or that a player made a poor play, etc, etc.  But he was just calling it as it was and doing so without actually ripping into anyone. 

Besides, I'd prefer not to have an announcer who will rip the team.  I don't want them trying to blow sunshine up my ass either, but I don't need to hear someone rip them for 3 hours either.  If I want to listen to someone bitch and complain, I'll come over to your place to watch a game.  And cuddle. 

MDS

you gotta have someone who calls it like it is

the mets guys do that and thats why they are the goat

the giants guys might not rip the team but theyll be obviously pissed off at stuff and wont sugarcoat bad play

whereas wheeler will make excuses and over praise minimal accomplishments and suckle the other team for simply being too good should the phils lose. he is the worst human being on the planet for a reason
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: KDS on September 22, 2010, 02:09:59 PM

whereas wheeler will make excuses and over praise minimal accomplishments and suckle the other team for simply being too good should the phils lose. he is the worst human being on the planet for a reason

You have to kill one of munson or wheels, who's your choice? No killing both or your balls get sliced.

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 22, 2010, 02:03:42 PM
honest truth....i literally turn off the sound sometimes when i get a phils feed...and just listen to music during the game...thats how much they bother me

I have watched sports 5-6 nights a week since I was a kid. I have always sort of half-assedly noticed that commentators are idiots and mocked them accordingly, but if my life depended on it I could not identify a single non-football commentator by their voice alone and I must tune them out because they all sound exactly the same to me. Obsessing about commentators is such a foreign concept to me because I literally don't hear them until they say something overtly retarded at which point I mock them and tune them out.

Between obsessing about jerseys and look tests and commentators I don't know how any of you can even bother paying attention to the sport that's being played.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Quote from: SD on September 22, 2010, 02:14:06 PM
Quote from: KDS on September 22, 2010, 02:09:59 PM

You have to kill one of munson or wheels, who's your choice? No killing both or your balls get sliced.

oh without a doubt munson

its not even close and thats not even taking into consideration how awful wheeler is

ice grillin you

if wheeler was on CF...i might hesitate for a second before picking munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 22, 2010, 02:05:54 PM
I don't understand the need for having a commentator who will "rip the team."   

if ya dont know then ya just dont know

smeags

Quote from: rjs246 on September 22, 2010, 02:14:10 PM

Between obsessing about jerseys and look tests and commentators I don't know how any of you can even bother paying attention to the sport that's being played.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

tesla concert season is almost upon us

smeags

awwww, just admit it's tesla you listen to when you shut down the phils announcers.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

on the serious tip...how many playoff games will you miss this year?