Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

he got a single with 2 outs and a runner on 2nd.  that was it.  yeah.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He also hit a little walk-off homer to center field.

Magic Number: 10

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Phils win.  Almost too much fun.

BigEd76

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 19, 2010, 06:16:10 PM

and 8 to clinch a playoff spot and home field advantage throughout

PhillyPhreak54

Peace out.

QuoteMLBTR Originals: 9/12/10 - 9/19/10 | Main
Jayson Werth Now Represented By Scott Boras
By Mike Axisa [September 19, 2010 at 7:34pm CST]

Soon-to-be free agent outfielder Jayson Werth is now represented by Scott Boras, reports Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com (via Twitter). Werth split with the Beverly Hills Sports Council earlier this month and was said to be looking for an agent that charged less than the usual 5% commission.

Along with Carl Crawford, the 31-year-old Werth figures to be the most highly sought after free agent outfielder this winter. His 3-for-5 day today included a walk-off homer, pushing his season line to .292/.381/.521 and a career best .902 OPS.

Speculation earlier this season had Werth getting something similar to the four-year, $66MM contract that Jason Bay received last winter, but never underestimate Scott Boras. Both players hit the market at age-31 and put up very similar triple-slash lines in their walk years (Bay had a .921 OPS in 2009), but Werth is superior defensively and has World Series experience to his credit.

Click here to see our full list of Boras client

Rome

Don Ho

After watching the fourth quarter of the birds game I wish I had left the bar early and came home to watch this game.  Huge win today.  What a ninth inning.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 19, 2010, 08:40:40 PM

So you're saying that they can clinch home field throughout before clinching the division?  WRONG.  FAIL.

SD

Werth has always been a lost cause, Boras is just the final nail in the coffin.

PhillyGirl

At this point, I could care less where he goes next year.

Win me another WS and I'll pay your ticket.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

i thought everyone hated werth

but i guess since he did something good hes the greatest player ever for your tampon wearing drama queens
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 19, 2010, 10:40:48 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on September 19, 2010, 08:40:40 PM

So you're saying that they can clinch home field throughout before clinching the division?  WRONG.  FAIL.

OK, I'll rephrase it.  A combination of 8 wins and Reds/Giants losses guarantees the NL East will be the #1 seed.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 19, 2010, 11:00:51 PM
At this point, I could care less where he goes next year.

Win me another WS and I'll pay your ticket.

yup

this is pretty much how everyone feels...win a title and you all go in a volcano

except the lil guy who for whatever reason is emotionally attached to each and every player on this team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous