Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

You think his arm is fatigued?  I can't imagine him pitching on short rest will work out.

smeags

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 09, 2010, 11:43:01 AM
You think his arm is fatigued?  I can't imagine him pitching on short rest will work out.

CG's in may are very important.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 09, 2010, 11:43:01 AM
You think his arm is fatigued?  I can't imagine him pitching on short rest will work out.

it easily could be.....dook is a horse

as for the rest with getting oswalt and having the top three they do if they are even in a situation where someone has to go on short rest then things havent gone well in the postseason....at least until the world series this top three in theory should have them up in every series and not in a position where they feel they absolutely cant pitch fatty for one game...and even when he does you would expect it to be against he other teams #3 or 4....

shtein they made the ws last year with a 7-2 record behind the likes of a pos cole hamels joe blanton and ja happ starting games

to summarize it would be a damn shame if this rotation had to have someone go on short rest
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

it really depends who they play, tampa or ny

tampa figures to run their 4th starter out like they did last year while ny figures to go sabathia, pettitte, burnett on 3 days agan. you cant match blanton against ny unless its game 4 and youre up 3-0. then you do it and even if he loses figure 1 of doc, oswalt or hamels can win you a game.

thing is manuel is not pitching hamels on 3 days while he will pitch doc and oswalt on that. so one way or another there probably has to be 1 or 2 blanton starts somewhere in there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2010, 11:39:32 AM
my bad...."hit around" is a baseball term...it generally means lit up...8 runs in two innings for example...

im saying hes going to give up lots of hits and too many runs to win but not get lit up

There is no way of knowing that until he gets to the playoffs.  If I remember correctly Lee hit a slump right before the playoffs and then was lights out during their run.  He had also never pitched in the playoffs.

I have a sneaky suspicion Doc will be just fine. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

You think he's just playing possum?  Interesting, but no.

LBIggle

The extra adrenaline from the playoffs helps weary arms.  As was stated before.. Lee went through a significantly worst stretch.

MDS

3er 7 IP
3er 7 IP
4er 7 IP

Halladay's last 3 starts.

Yea, he sucks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

over a hit per inning in that stretch tho.....cant do that in the playoffs

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2010, 01:28:24 PM

well lets see him pitch in the playoffs before we rip him

as for now im gonna put a slightly below average 3 game stretch as a slightly below average 3 game stretch

charlie

If the phils get the best record in the NL, they pick the format of their NLDS, which could set them up without having to play back-to-back days the entire postseason. Which would give you Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels all the way through on regular rest.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: KDS on September 09, 2010, 01:31:55 PM

as for now im gonna put a slightly below average 3 game stretch as a slightly below average 3 game stretch

A 4.3 ERA for the ace on a playoff team is not "slightly below average."  A 4.3 ERA for Roy Halladay is about twice as bad as the year to date before that.  So, like I said, he's pitching like a 3rd starter.

ice grillin you

Quote from: charlie on September 09, 2010, 01:41:29 PM
which could set them up without having to play back-to-back days the entire postseason.  

ummm no

its possible they could not play back to back in the divisonal round if they were to sweep

MDS

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 09, 2010, 01:54:29 PM
Quote from: KDS on September 09, 2010, 01:31:55 PM

A 4.3 ERA for the ace on a playoff team is not "slightly below average."  A 4.3 ERA for Roy Halladay is about twice as bad as the year to date before that.  So, like I said, he's pitching like a 3rd starter.

im pretty sure bob gibson pitched like a 3rd starter for a 3 game stretch

whats your point stalker