Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

july 9

the first time this team shows heart

its been a while, boys. its been a while.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lol youre on fire tonight.

admit they might not be dead.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on July 09, 2010, 11:02:06 PM
lol youre on fire tonight.

admit they might not be dead.

dont make me search for your multiple posts stating that this year is done and lets regroup and make a fresh new charge in 11

MDS

oh i said that shtein

but you were leading the charge and i am the first to randomly change my stance based on emotion. you on the other hand are all about you and this ship best be sinking cause your stubborn pollack ass aint admitting to nothin

ice grillin you

no i stick with what i see....id love to be proven wrong...and if it happens ill be here to be called out...but the fact is the phils are toast and have been since they traded clifford

MDS

lol @ that trade somehow causing this team to turn into slop

unless you are some secret karma religious metaphysical junkie who thinks its a legit curse or whatever, then there is no basis for a december trade involving a pitcher to cause the offense to go cold and cause jimmy and chase and polanco to get injured.

i got the sense they were coasting through the first 3 months and got beat up cause they arent the 27 yankees. hopefully this is a wake up call of sorts and they are gonna run the train on the nl now. next 2 games are huge. once again halladay gonna earn his money and nutsack with this. same for cole.

ice grillin you

if you dont see how that trade affected a franchise then you dont know sports

MDS

you are totally over stating it

they played well BEFORE getting lee. they won the friggin world series without him. then they swap him for doc and then theyre toast? with their core group all still in their primes?

also im sure cliff lee is the reason madson kicked a chair and broke his toe and why brad lidge's arm fell off

ice grillin you

how have they played since trading cliff lee?

MDS

not very well

but id chalk that up to losing jimmy, chase and a mysterious ineffective stretch with risp and joe blanton sucking dick. also the bullpen.

lee on this team they have probably 5 more wins.

ice grillin you

if that makes you feel better then im all IN

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 09, 2010, 07:16:27 PM
the best part of this thread is charlie/stillupfront/whoever he was yesterday switching up and defending the indefensible werth

What part of "I can't wait for werth to be off this team" is defending him?

ice grillin you

the part where he was your best friend for most of this evening