Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

you guys are like bitchier version of igy, complaining about a game where the 5 starter is going up against one of the best pitchers in baseball.

OH NO! THEY MIGHT VERY LOSE THIS! OH MA GOD!

newsflash: moyer, as awful as he might be, is more or less as good as any other teams 5th starter. he seems worse than he actually is because kendrick is so friggin bad. he looks like the 5 while in reality he belongs either in AAA or shining shoes at the mall, your pick.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

SD

Quote from: KDS on May 02, 2010, 01:36:54 PM
you guys are like bitchier version of igy, complaining about a game where the 5 starter is going up against one of the best pitchers in baseball.

OH NO! THEY MIGHT VERY LOSE THIS! OH MA GOD!

newsflash: moyer, as awful as he might be, is more or less as good as any other teams 5th starter. he seems worse than he actually is because kendrick is so friggin bad. he looks like the 5 while in reality he belongs either in AAA or shining shoes at the mall, your pick.

You're like an annoying younger bitchier version of igy with munson mixed in.

And lol at your newsflash, like you're some baseball guru and are the only one to recognize that. Thanks, Epstien. I was actually alive when Moyer was a rookie.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

so does the lee move go down as the worst sports transaction in city history
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

no, but its up there you drama queen

all its doing is significantly lowering their chances of winning the world series this year and this year only, where as trading barkley, signing brand, trading for weber, etc. destroyed the franchise for numerous seasons

ice grillin you

thats what makes it the worst...it directly caused them to not win a championship...thats way bigger than going from an average team to a zesty one

MDS

haha, there you go again

there was no guarantee they were winning even with lee

oakland had zito, hudson and mulder and didnt win squat. cardinals had carpenter and wainwright and didnt get out of the first round. dodgers had koufax and drysdale and didnt win every single year with them.

they had a great, great chance to come out of the nl with halladay and lee. now they are simply in the mix with sf, col, ny, atl, stl, etc.

ice grillin you

they are THE major league favorites to win the world series with him...without him they are in the mix of the national league...but hey they have phillipe aumont...

solid move i say

and if youd like i will post the a's and cards lineups with those pitchers but i think you know where im going

be proud of your rube

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2010, 02:47:25 PM
it directly caused them to not win a championship...

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2010, 02:55:35 PM
they are THE major league favorites to win the world series with him.

oh how i love you

anyway, yes. i know. they could have been the clear cut favorites and possibly one of the best teams ever. great. but it wasnt a forgone conclusion that they would win.

at some point youre gonna have to let this go and just enjoy the season. when it gets to september/october and joe blanton is huffing and puffing through six mediocre innings and you say to yourself, hey, cliff lee would look really good here, then let the tears flow. but for now, for everyones sake, mine, yours, sunmos, lets just accept the fact that its may and theres still 130 games left.

ice grillin you

without lee they have no shot at a title....thus not keeping lee DIRECTLY caused them to not win a title

this is not sabremetrics

SD

Quote from: KDS on May 02, 2010, 02:34:23 PM
i like old sd better

He was a douche

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2010, 02:39:21 PM
so does the lee move go down as the worst sports transaction in city history

Not even close and Epstien is on point.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2010, 03:12:25 PM
without lee they have no shot at a title....thus not keeping lee DIRECTLY caused them to not win a title

this is not sabremetrics

no shot

Sgt PSN

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2010, 03:12:25 PM

this is not sabremetrics

i put up 5 you put up 100 on winning a title