Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

its looking like it

basically amaro had some pretty ridiculous faith that cole hamels was "back." of course we know this to be that furthest thing from the truth, as hes been just an absolute abortion this season.

the season was hinging on hamels and lidge being back to their 2008 form. so far, a massive whiff and 0/1.

btw season = hopes of winning the series. they still win the nl east and maybe even make the series with what they got now.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

unless hamels becomes 2008 again they most definitely cannot win a WS with this rotation

but that wasnt my point

lil guy been suckling rubes balls all offseason saying that they traded lee because they need to replenish the farm system...now hes saying they are gonna empty the farm system for a SP
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

amaro is going to send this team back to the late 80's.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2010, 12:48:08 PM
unless hamels becomes 2008 again they most definitely cannot win a WS with this rotation

Sure they can. Halladay gives you any advantage in a 7 game series.. He goes 3 games. You need Hamels, Blanton or Happ to have 1 good game combined in the other 4.

Bullpen should be the sole focus for the rest of the season. They need to be able to get a closer in july if Lidge can't come back.

BigEd76

to be fair Cole wasn't that bad yesterday until the 6th.  walking the #8 hitter to load the bases was stupid

ice grillin you

Quote from: charlie on April 29, 2010, 12:54:10 PM

Sure they can. Halladay gives you any advantage in a 7 game series.. He goes 3 games. You need Hamels, Blanton or Happ to have 1 good game combined in the other 4.

halladay has never pitched a postseason inning...you have no idea what hes gonna do....much less clocking him in for three wins already....lol

smeags

i think cole will get his shtein together enough to be a decent #2, he's been inconsistent to this point but it's early.

any word on happ ?

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2010, 12:56:47 PM

halladay has never pitched a postseason inning...you have no idea what hes gonna do....much less clocking him in for three wins already....lol

wasnt that the case with lee last year ?

SD

Bullpen should be the sole focus for the rest of the season. They need to be able to get a closer in july if Lidge can't come back.

That's assuming he gets the run support and pitches the way he's capable. They can't revert back to their 1-11 postseason crap now and get away with it considering there are better teams in the mix.

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 29, 2010, 12:54:18 PM
to be fair Cole wasn't that bad yesterday until the 6th.  walking the #8 hitter to load the bases was stupid

I agree with this, Cole wasn't that bad yesterday. When he's getting K's you know he's on. He had 1 bad inning and at the time was getting shtein for run support. I think people set too high of expectations for him. He's a decent pitcher who can sometimes pitch great, he just needs to hit that extra gear come playoff time.

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on April 29, 2010, 12:57:40 PM
i think cole will get his shtein together enough to be a decent #2

im not saying he wont...and i still have a little hope....but why do you think this...

all last year i thought hed come around...but at this point i see little reason not to think that he is what he is

charlie

I wasn't here... but i am fairly confident you probably posted this last september...

"lee has never pitched a postseason inning...you have no idea what hes gonna do....much less clocking him in for three wins already....lol"

smeags

Quote from: charlie on April 29, 2010, 01:01:55 PM

I wasn't here... but i am fairly confident you probably posted this last september...

"lee has never pitched a postseason inning...you have no idea what hes gonna do....much less clocking him in for three wins already....lol"

repost says hi.  ;D

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2010, 01:01:11 PM
Quote from: smeags on April 29, 2010, 12:57:40 PM
i think cole will get his shtein together enough to be a decent #2

im not saying he wont...and i still have a little hope....but why do you think this...

all last year i thought hed come around...but at this point i see little reason not to think that he is what he is

by the fact that unlike the prior season he actually worked to be ready and has worked on other pitches that are probaly going to be better for him over that pathetic curve ball he throws.

it may prove to be false hope but i'll cling to it for now.

MDS

but that wasnt my point

lil guy been suckling rubes balls all offseason saying that they traded lee because they need to replenish the farm system...now hes saying they are gonna empty the farm system for a SP

when have i defended rube? it was an awful move. and trusting hamels this much was even worse. hes gonna have to pull something out of his ass to bring the crown back home.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on April 29, 2010, 12:58:34 PM

wasnt that the case with lee last year ?

lee didnt have three wins in the world series last year

in fact he didnt even have two good starts