Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 05, 2010, 03:34:11 PM
basticho up in the Pen. Looks like Halladay is done for the day.

yep.  not sure why, he's only thrown 85 pitches.  could have at least let him pitch the 8th and if he gets through it quickly, let him back out for the 9th. 

queen is pitching tomorrow so you never know how early you're going to need to go to the pen. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 05, 2010, 03:34:28 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 05, 2010, 03:30:36 PM
Speedy Howard legs out the infield hit.

he's def slimmed down a lot over the last 2 years and is able to get out of the box and down the line a lot faster.  the amazing thing is that he doesn't seem to have given up any power at all. 

He almost beat Dunn to first on that grounder with the bases loaded.  He's no Jesse Owens, but he can move a little.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 05, 2010, 03:35:50 PM

yep.  not sure why, he's only thrown 85 pitches.  could have at least let him pitch the 8th and if he gets through it quickly, let him back out for the 9th. 

queen is pitching tomorrow so you never know how early you're going to need to go to the pen. 

My guess is they want to see what basticho can do in a lower-pressure siutation.

Victorino gives the ump lip for a strike-three call up 11-1.  Zip it, and get out in the field.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 05, 2010, 03:37:33 PM

My guess is they want to see what basticho can do in a lower-pressure siutation.

Apparently, not very well.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 05, 2010, 03:37:33 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 05, 2010, 03:35:50 PM

Victorino gives the ump lip for a strike-three call up 11-1.  Zip it, and get out in the field.

the thing i love about victorino is that he's a pretty intense player.  he doesn't give a shtein what the score is, if he thinks he got pinched at the plate, he's letting the ump know.

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

That Halladay might be a pretty good pitcher for the Phillies.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Love seeing baseball again.

Halladay is a pimp, Polanco is awesome, Choke hasn't lost any pop and Rollins is going to have a great year.

Sgt PSN

I thought chooch had a nice day at the plate as well. Drew 3 walks and scored a couple runs.

Rome

Point & Laugh at the Nationals thread:

Yay or nay?

Sgt PSN

Nay.  Maybe it would be funny if they were supposed to be good and their fans were a bunch of dilusional nitwits. But neither is the case.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.