Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

I played Inniscrone up in Avondale two weeks ago, what a farging great course.  It's cheap, and probably the most challenging course i've played. 

Only problem is halfway thru i felt some pain in my left elbow, i farging gave myself golfers elbow, and have to play in a golf tourney Thursday.  Luckily there will be kegs at every hole. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

the chair force base i'm on has intramural golf every thursday.  $10 for the cart and that's it.  no green fees and they give you free breakfast. 

only problem is that they tee off at 630am.  i'd need to be waking up around 430 to make it in time. 

ice grillin you

thats sweet...id play golf everyday if it was cheap...i just dont like it enough to validate the outrageous cost of it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

one of my coworkers is former airforce, and said he played every day down in SC at the AFB course, it was 12 bucks a day.  Every time i go out its so damn expensive between the course prices around here, and me drinking. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 17, 2009, 11:17:41 AM
thats sweet...id play golf everyday if it was cheap...i just dont like it enough to validate the outrageous cost of it

normal fees on this base are about 15 for greens and then 10 for the cart.....which is still pretty cheap.  other bases i've played on have been anywhere between 20 and 40 for green fees + whatever they charge for cart.  alot of bases also tend to charge green fees based on pay grade as well.   

as much as i hated living in nc, camp lejeune's golf course was absolutely gorgeous.  challenging but at the same time, great for beginners as well. 

SunMo

bought a new driver last weekend, TaylorMade Tour Burner...it's farging sweet
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

beth page...

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on June 18, 2009, 10:47:22 AM
bought a new driver last weekend, TaylorMade Tour Burner...it's farging sweet

how much did you pay for it?  i saw it at a couple local golf shops for about $200 but you can pick one up at dick's for $130.

i think i'm going to give my current set about 2 more years before i look at replacing it.  i just started playing in 07 and i picked up a set from the exchange on base for about $120.  some brand i never heard of......affinity i believe it's called.  some of my golf buddies who have been playing a lot longer than me have taken a few swings with them and say that they're great clubs considering the price i paid.  i assume they're just trying to find a polite way of telling me i've got some cheap ass clubs though. 

so what's the best way to go......buying clubs by the set or individually building your bag? 

SunMo

i bought a starter set, and this driver is my first upgrade because i had confidence in the driver that came with it.  but irons and shtein don't really matter unless you're good enough to make them matter. 

i paid 129.99...it hits great.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

nice.  what i've been thinking about doing is first getting the clubs that didn't come in my set.  i don't have a sand wedge or a 2-4 iron. 

and i think i'm going to throw out all of my woods except the driver.  i just can't seem to cleanly hit my 3w or 5w unless i'm on the tee.  and the hybrid that came in my bag is probably better suited for clubbing baby seals than golf balls.

so basically once i tee off, i'm probably going straight to my 5 iron even if i'm still 250 yds from the green.   

Seabiscuit36

I have an Affinity sandwedge, its really nice.  I use knockoff Callaways i got from a local golf outlet http://www.turingolf.com/  They get the clubs from the same factory as the originals, except they dont have the big brand names on there. 

We had a betterball tourney yesterday, shot as a group a 80.  The Ducks Unlimited Tourney was at the course next to my work, its nice to be shteinfaced at 11am knowing i'm within 1000yds or work.  http://www.deerfieldgolfclub.com/course-tour.cfm

On the 10th hole, i absolutely murdered a ball off the tee, ended up driving it over 340yds.  My uncle just gave me his old Taylormade Driver from 5 years ago.  For years i went without a driver mainly because i couldnt control my drives.  After shoulder surgery my surgeon said my drives would lose about 10yds but they would be straight, and he was right. 

Rome

Knock-offs suck. 

I have Taylor Made Tour irons with rifle shafts, and driver & three wood with graphite shafts.  The five and seven woods are from Goldwin Golf.  It's a shame that company went out of business because they made the best fairway woods I've ever played with. 

My putter is an Odyssey Rossie Mallet and much like me it rules all creation.

reese125

Im looking forward to Wingspan getting that CF golf outing together....it should be a good time.

Seabiscuit36

surprisingly now it seems everyone plays..lol

Rome

I haven't played in months.  I was an 8 handicap in my 20's, though.  Played five days a week minimum.