Week 5 - Steelers: Yinzer Ahoy

Started by MDS, October 05, 2020, 12:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

2024 is when it makes sense to get out of him. thats 3 more seasons and he aint getting any younger or more athletic...where as the position most certainly is
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Diomedes on October 11, 2020, 04:20:05 PM
On the bright side, there's a youth thing happening for the Eagles:

Fulgham
Mailata
Herbig
Driscoll

Just had this conversation with a buddy of mine, really happy with the progress those young lineman are making.

Now if we can find some linebackers that can play and a few promising prospects in the secondary that can cover.  So over Mills.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Jim clearly doesn't believe in LB as a position of value. Makes it all the more baffling he put one on Claypool for the dagger play. Every team has holes on defense, but there's no excuse for showing your ass to the offense on the most important defensive snap of the game. Make the offense earn it. It was a pitch and catch every NFL team could have completed, possibly even the Eagles.

Don Ho

Ok, we didn't discuss this yet.  The TV crew said the longest FG ever made at Hienz Field is 54 yards.  In 20 years, 54 yards!  Do your homework Doug.  Odds were stacked against skinny bones jones making that. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

I don't see any reason for attempting a FG over 55 yards in any stadium unless it's the end of a half, OT, or neither team has been able to do anything on offense. With 3+ minutes left around the 40 yard line I would have liked to see a run on third down, with the hope that you either convert or get 4th down into QB sneak range.

Even if that thing was converted I feel it lowers your chance of winning compared to keeping the ball away from the Steelers.

Don Ho

Would've been interesting if he had made that in that most of us don't have the faith we once had in Elliot.  Would our faith have been restored?  Even if he had made it there was still 3:00+ on the clock and this defense.

PhillyPhreak54

That stadium is a black hole for long FGs.

I was happy about Fulgham today. That's about it.

But that game was winnable.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i thought true liberals werent watching the nfl....hmmm....

it was most certainly a winnable game. they had the ball at midfield with 5 minutes left and mcnabb, i mean wentz, wet his pants and didnt move the ball. decent chance BEN the comes back down and wins the game, but it was there for them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Watched the condensed game on NFL Ticket as I missed Q1.

- O Line did great, bunch of young, inexperienced players did a nice job.
- Fulgham, what a joy to watch him and the game he had.  Don't hurry back Pimp and Ash.
- Wentz played much better than I thought.  One awful INT and one bad sack (just before the missed FG was on Wentz) and one pansy ass Todd Pinkston attempt at a sure TD by Hightower, from being in good shape at the end.
-Even if Elliott makes that 57 yarder WAY to much time for Ben to dissect this defense.
- Oh my God!  Jim Schwartz is a disaster.  Horrible game plan. Yes he has mostly shtein to work with, this team can't tackle for shtein, that was even more glaring the second time I watched it, but he's awful.
- Pittsburgh drafts well

How in the hell are Sydney Jones and Rasul Douglas playing well on their new teams?  Playing for Schwartz definitely didn't help those two.

Don Ho

Quote"Ideally, would we like Nate to be on a receiver? No," safety Rodney McLeod said. "We would prefer a defensive back. But that was the call that was made defensively, and they checked to a good play."

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 11, 2020, 04:56:09 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 11, 2020, 04:52:21 PM
Realistically what could they get for Wentz?

A low 1?

Given his contract, having to give up a first rounder would be closer.

you aren't getting a one for Wentz if he was willing to play for free
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

After the way Rivers played Sunday, and most of this season, I can see the Colts a knockin', by no means a #1 but lets make a deal!