Around The NFL - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 16, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on January 30, 2021, 11:10:22 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 30, 2021, 11:00:44 PM
Kept him from going to the WFT's too

stafford has been in the nfl since the start of the obama administration and won the same amount of playoff games as me

He's going to be good with the Rams.

Keeping the presidential theme up...

Rams last first rounder was Goff and that was the year Trump was elected. Their next one will be the last year of Bidens term.

MDS

is he though? if stafford was that good, at some point over the last 12 years, he wouldve won a playoff game or a division or something. the lions are a joke franchise and everything, but maybe the dude is just a solid qb who puts up a bunch of meaningless stats in meanderingly pointless 1:00 games when the lions are 5-7, their opponent is 4-8 and everyone is just going through the motions.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

It looks like Stafford wanted no parts of Patricia, as New England was the only place he wouldn't accept a trade. https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/1355930247951220743

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2021, 10:10:50 AM
is he though? if stafford was that good, at some point over the last 12 years, he wouldve won a playoff game or a division or something. the lions are a joke franchise and everything, but maybe the dude is just a solid qb who puts up a bunch of meaningless stats in meanderingly pointless 1:00 games when the lions are 5-7, their opponent is 4-8 and everyone is just going through the motions.

so like the darius slay of qb's?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lol basically

though slay was at least a high level corner in the earlier portion of his career...like he had a small window where he was legit good. now hes just a guy. stafford was always just a guy. and solid qb with great stats and a MAGA wife
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

The draft picks were the price for getting rid of Goff's contract more than for obtaining Stafford.

Reason #78 Wentz won't be moving.

MDS

thats a lot of chocolate milk for a good mormon to be drinking

Diomedes

Wait, so it's not a good idea to put your farg up drug addict kids on staff?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on February 05, 2021, 08:29:18 PM

Just because the one died from an overdose after being put on the medical staff doesn't mean the other one wouldn't be fine. He wasn't, but there was no way of predicting that.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

This was booze-related not dope.  Still bad but not quite the same thing. At least the doper didn't endanger anyone else that we know of on his way down. 

MDS

my pops is a nobody so im not sure how it feels to have a parent with a big job or connections or such, but id feel like a farging loser if i were him. working for daddy and really only getting the job because of him. im sure andy runs a tight ship and treats him the same as any other coach, but you gotta fly away from the coop at some point and make it on your own.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on February 06, 2021, 06:24:54 PM
This was booze-related not dope.  Still bad but not quite the same thing. At least the doper didn't endanger anyone else that we know of on his way down.

he told the cops he takes adderall
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: MDS on February 06, 2021, 06:54:39 PM

my pops is a nobody so im not sure how it feels to have a parent with a big job or connections or such, but id feel like a farging loser if i were him. working for daddy and really only getting the job because of him. im sure andy runs a tight ship and treats him the same as any other coach, but you gotta fly away from the coop at some point and make it on your own.

On the other hand, the NFL runs on nepotism.