farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beermonkey

Quote from: bobbyinlondon on December 20, 2006, 08:39:34 AM
I'd like to see McNabb on the sideline, urging the team on, and Garcia leading the Eagles to a big win next Monday night--and denying Owens and the Cowboys the NFCE title that Jones thought they had in the bag when they signed him.  You know he'd be going ballistic on the sidelines.

I'd like to see the Eagles win, then watch McNabb & Garcia do a choreographed ass-spanking dance at TO.

PhillyGirl

QuoteIs T.O.'s latest 'spat' a cry for help?
By Boomer Esiason
Special to NFL.com

(Dec. 20, 2006) -- So, Terrell Owens spits in someone's face. Is anybody really surprised?

Why is it that I have the feeling that it's only going to get worse in Dallas? Owens in no way can be considered stable. His actions are screaming out for help. I just hope owner Jerry Jones doesn't have his head buried in the sand thinking that this is the end and that it can't get any worse.

Just look at the timeline of events that have taken place since Owens became a Cowboy, plus all that went on before in both Philadelphia and San Francisco. If these are not symptoms of a man in distress, then I don't know what is. I can't even criticize Owens' bizarre behavior anymore because it is so sad. He obviously is struggling with something and someone needs to figure it out.

He is a danger to himself and everyone around him, maybe with the exception of Michael Irvin. Jerry Jones must do something to help this guy before he does something that truly is catastrophic.

The good news is, now the Philadelphia Eagles are back in the hunt for the NFC East division title and their next trip takes them right into the heart of the beast, Dallas and T.O. Could this be the week that Owens completely snaps?

And how about the irony that Owens' first victim at quarterback is the Eagles' current starting quarterback, Jeff Garcia? Talk about full circle.

Much to my surprise, Garcia has led his team to the brink of the unthinkable: an NFC East division title without Donovan McNabb. Garcia has shown the veteran experience and grit required to lead the Eagles. In a Monday night game against the Carolina Panthers, Garcia overcame Philadelphia boo birds to lead his team to a fabulous second half and ultimately a victory against the Panthers.

Philadelphia fans were calling for the great A.J. Feeley to replace Garcia, but it was Garcia's perseverance and grit that allowed him to play through the criticism and lead his team to victory.

I have to tell you, not only am I surprised, but I'm also happy for him. This is a guy who was tormented by Owens while in San Francisco. He elected to play for the Lions and the Browns, decisions I'm sure he regrets. And now he finds himself on the verge of a tremendous achievement.

I was, as most, definitely a non-believer when it came to Garcia's prospects for an Eagles turnaround. But I have been converted to a fan for this underdog quarterback. I hope that somehow Garcia can have the last laugh as he faces his ultimate demon, T.O.
Captain Chaos reigns in the Meadowlands
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Quasimoto

If TO gets beaten by McNabb and Garcia in the same season that would be the ultimate justice ever given by the universe.  Of course it has to be followed by a first round exit in the playoffs.  :)

Munson

Quote from: Beef Rapp on December 21, 2006, 11:59:56 AM
If TO gets beaten by McNabb and Garcia in the same season that would be the ultimate justice ever given by the universe.  Of course it has to be followed by a first round exit in the playoffs.  :)

If they win the divsion, you really don't think they'd have a shot at beating Dallas, NYG, or ATL at home in the first round?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Quasimoto

I meant a first round exit by Dallas.

MDS

Shut up.

Eagles win out
Dallas beats Detroit
Giants win out
Eagles 3 seed, Cowboys 6

3 wins over Dallas in 1 year = greatest season in history of mankind
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Quasimoto

Father Demon

Oh my Good Lord.....      :puke
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

That's awesome.  But wait!  There's more..................

That was only Part 3 of what looks to be a 4 part series. 

Part 1 (with a guest appearance by Tom Landry):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsPxde9mraY&mode=related&search=

Part 2:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-m2TWMCBIs&mode=related&search=

Part 4:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I5QPGERldA&mode=related&search=

And I know this has been posted before, but I think it bears repeating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHBWBl2sxfw

Rome

My eyes and ears are now oozing puddles of blood & puss.

Thanks, fellas!

Sgt PSN

Don't say we never gave ya nothing.  Merry Christmas ass mo.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteI'm from Philly via New Jersey and my wife just got me the absolutely BEST Christmas gift ever. Tickets to tomorrow's game! I'm stunned. It took me about 2 minutes for everything to compute when I opened up the envelope. And I'm not ashamed to say....I started crying a little. Yes, coming to see my beloved Cowboys because of my beloved wife made this grown man come to tears.

So if anyone from here is coming to the game I'm going to be in Section 131, row 5, seat 3 and 4. Come say hi. I wish I could stay longer after the game, but we have a flight RIGHT after because I of course have to work tomorrow. I'll be tired, but I'll be more than fine.

Ok....I'm going to go cry again.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

bowzer

wow, are the cowboy fans starting to become as gay as the taterskin fans??