the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks for the info, Don. I can't imagine. That is some intense shtein.

Wishing everyone the best out there.

Diomedes

So, how's that big hunt for the Loch Ness monster going?  Find a water dragon down there, or what?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I'm looking forward to this long weekend. I'm exhausted and probably have bronchitis and came off working about 40hrs the last three days - so a day of lounging on a couch at my girl's moms house while throwing down some beer and food is extra appealing this fine Turkey Day.

Plus we actually have some chilly weather here.

Hope you all have a great holiday!

Eagaholic

Back at ya J. I hope you got overtime for those hours and put it into extra beers.

Diomedes

hosted 9, plus us so 12 eaters

by the time it was over, I was not feeling very thankful, just very spent...but it was a delicious spread and everyone enjoyed themselves
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks Holic! I'm salary so free labor lol. The life of being the boss.

Dio it's exhausting to host. I love throwing get togethers but honestly when someone else is hosting now I'm like cool.

We have six people coming from PA and DE for Christmas. So a total of 11 over Christmas that'll be split before our hour and my girls mom's place. But I'm already stressing.

phattymatty

I spent the holiday up in the Finger Lakes with extended family for the first time since Covid, so they can all spend time with my kid.  It was nice but I don't miss driving 6-7 hours up and back for every holiday.  Basically told everyone if you want to see him you have to travel to us.  I'm not holding my breath.

Happy holiday!

Diomedes

Once you establish a family, which is to say you raise children of your own, you no longer have to travel.  The child sets a new homestead that others travel to be at.  Sure traveling once in a while is normal and good but I did the same:  my kids are at home for the holidays.

Diomedes

I'm here for 'lil guy's take on the Netflix numbers released today

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

they released a giant excel of how many people watched every single thing they offer from q1/q2 23, but its cumulative hours. so youre talking about a movie, a show with 12 episodes and a standup special with the same metric.

its one data point. we dont have anything else to comp it to, not other data from netflix and not other data from competing streamers. so theres not much to make of it other than like seeing how popular or not popular something is within the app.

so i guess to break this down like a tv show has a rating and thats how many people watched that episode or thing at that time and theres millions of data points to comp it to for reference. a movie is factored in total box office, same deal. theres are single point tabulations. whereas netflix is saying "show x has xxx streaming hours over the course of a 6 month period." i really dont know what to make of it, and neither does anyone.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

this is the take I will now repeat in pompous tones to my friends and enemies especially thank you

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

Striking footage at the 8-12 second mark of the 737-9 max that lost a window panel after takeoff.
https://www.tiktok.com/@strawberr.vy/video/7320798084869393710

I suppose it could worse. I also saw a headline about a small Russian airliner that accidentally landed on a frozen river instead of the runway a few days ago so yay 'Merica and we could definitely beat those fargs in a nuclear war.

Diomedes

If i click on that am i gonna see people get sucked out of a plane?