Is anyone else's connection crapping out?

Started by Geowhizzer, April 23, 2005, 11:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: TexasEagle on April 26, 2005, 05:50:42 PM
Yeah, I had mine for two years without any problems as well... then all at once the booting problems started up resulting in me having to reformat the entire thing back to factory settings to get it to even boot. Now, since I have the desktop, I don't use it often enough to know if the boot issues are entirely fixed, but regardless when I can I'm going to have it checked out for that memory slot issue.

Well, I have the Best Buy 3 year plan on it, so that should help....I hope it doesn't become a problem, but oh well.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Laptops are inherently problematic as a whole, really.  If yours holds up for a while, it's a good one.

Geowhizzer

Yeah, I had mine for two years without any problems as well... then all at once the booting problems started up resulting in me having to reformat the entire thing back to factory settings to get it to even boot. Now, since I have the desktop, I don't use it often enough to know if the boot issues are entirely fixed, but regardless when I can I'm going to have it checked out for that memory slot issue.

TE, did you get the "blue screen of death" (my Tech's term for it) when the system crashed, along with a message that it was dumping the physical memory.

If so, maybe I'm looking at the wrong problem area.  I was convinced that it was my hard drive with an overheating issue.

TexasEagle

Quote from: geowhizzer on April 26, 2005, 06:01:00 PM

TE, did you get the "blue screen of death" (my Tech's term for it) when the system crashed, along with a message that it was dumping the physical memory.

If so, maybe I'm looking at the wrong problem area. I was convinced that it was my hard drive with an overheating issue.

Yep! That's the one - I finally got the message to hang around for more then a tenth of a second so I could read it.

Apparently the memory stick can slip out of the slot on the mother board because of how it was designed/ built. Sometimes putting the stick in another slot fixes it, but not always.

I think around page 35 or so of that discussion thread I linked to there's a post about someone that fixes the issue in the Vaios. It has the email and phone number if you want to ask him about it. I think I have his site bookmarked...

This should be it: http://www.laptopbios.com/

Seabiscuit36

My Vaio Desktop has been out of action since january.  The screen smears each time the mouse moves.  At first i was convinced it was my video card but now i'm thinking memory problem.  I got so tired of tryin to fix it that we just upgraded to a new computer now the Vaio is collecting dust
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

I love it when this board takes a big dump on itself, then eats the poop its covered in, and poops out the poop that it just ate. I love that.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Note the date, time, and your timezone and we'll yell at the host about it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

I had that problem today.  About 4:00 eastern.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

PoopyfaceMcGee