Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

how was nickleback? i heart them  ::)
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Siren was fun, nothing special though.  I was disappointed by the bands I wanted to see, and the kids were just farging intolerable.  I"m getting old.  Over 21 shows are better for a reason.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on July 16, 2006, 10:03:47 AM
how was nickleback? i heart themĀ  ::)

As I sat down they were playing their last song which is the only song by them I know.

phattymatty

mussa

that would be an awesome concert to see, except they charge way too much for tickets, you;ll prob only get within a quarter mile of the stage. no thanks. i'd rather pay more to see those bands individually on a smaller scale. pretty cool otherwise :yay :yay
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

mussa

Just got 2 tickets to see TOOL on september 28 @ tweeter center :bow

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on July 22, 2006, 11:21:40 AM
Just got 2 tickets to see TOOL on september 28 @ tweeter center :bow

Nice. I'll be there.

MURP

Father Demon

Saw Silvertide and Sammy Hagar tonight.

Silvertide plays some good ol' rock-n-roll, ala vintage Black Crowes.  They also played some new stuff that I suppose is on their upcoming CD.   :cfhead :cfhead

Sammy is Sammy... what can you say.  The man can put together a stage show, that's for sure.  Lots of bikini-clad waitresses bringing him and band-mates out Waboritas, lots of confetti, lots of posing with the St. Louis jersyes...   plus, some real good old time rock.  I forgot I liked him as much as I now remember.  Also, I want to drink tequilla.  And quite a bit of it.  Good show.   :cfhead :cfhead :cfhead
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

mussa

I won VIP entrance tickets to Warped Tour.  I have no interest in going.

phattymatty

i'm going to see bloc party up in brooklyn this weekend.

phattymatty

bloc party was pretty great.  would have been better had it been at a smaller venue.  this was a huge place that used to be a public swimming pool in greenpoint brooklyn.  but they rocked.

secret machines opened up for them, they were pretty good too, i'm not a huge fan though.

Diomedes

The concerts at McCarren pool are being put on by who?  Clear Channel?

edit:  Yeah, it's Clear Channel.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

it actually could be a really cool place.

but the beer situation was awful.  basically you had to wait in one line to get a bracelet, only to wait in another line to actually get your beer.

luckily i had already been drinking heavily for 4 hours beforehand or else i probably would have waited.  it must have taken people close to 2 hours to get beers.