Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Todd I don't know how you're alive after the last three days  :-D

Honestly haven't watched Philly Captain's videos until this past week or so and had no idea you were part of that crew

How farging awesome is this playoff run

PhillyPhreak54

Absolutely bonkers, Ed.

When I was at the clincher here there was an old guy who was from the Philly area but had lived here like 30 years now. As we were leaving he was like "see ya back for the World Series" and i was like...yeah that would be cool - but is this team REALLY going to make it that far?

Well well well...they sure have.

phattymatty

I think I saw Todd in a TikTok of random partying on broad street yesterday.  were you wearing a black hoodie underneath a white Phils jersey?

PhillyPhreak54

I know SD is coming down and Todd maybe for G6 or 7.

Here's some to know stuff about this city.

It ain't like Philly where if you stay in the city everything is super close and walkable. The area around MMP has some nice hotels and restaurants. So definitely look to try to stay somewhat close to the park. It'll be buzzing because of the WS but downtown here usually isn't busy after work hours. People come into downtown to work and then commute to the burbs.

Holler at me if you can prior to booking anything if it away from the MMP area because it can get tricky if you're in the wrong spot as far as logistics go.

Also if you can fly into Bush Airport versus Hobby I recommend that.

Hit me up if you have any specific questions!

I booked my ticket for Saturday - $1150 each. My girl has to work a 24hr shift so she isn't going but I will be going with my buddy and his wife.

MDS

if i come down im sleeping on your couch...or in bed with you if we get frisky

Quote from: phattymatty on October 24, 2022, 11:36:59 AM
I think I saw Todd in a TikTok of random partying on broad street yesterday.  were you wearing a black hoodie underneath a white Phils jersey

not me

its unfair to compare the phillies to the eagles but there was so many more people out for the nfc champ celly in 17
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 24, 2022, 02:05:24 AM
Todd I don't know how you're alive after the last three days  :-D

Honestly haven't watched Philly Captain's videos until this past week or so and had no idea you were part of that crew

How farging awesome is this playoff run

i dont drink too much and live 10 minutes from the park...im in good shape. in fact i played tennis sat and sun AM. feelin good.

that whole thing with cap started so organically. he gets recognized all the time. im just trying to take down joe decamera.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

putting money in a MAGA state to see a MAGA team play does not seem ideal

i wouldnt pay money to see this team in philly much less fund moving abortion clinics out of texas
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Tbf they can campaign for Beto while they're down there
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Staying at the Hilton 1/2 mile from mmp. Section 153 friday section 155 Saturday. Drinks with J as much as possible and Birds on Sunday. Haven't been this excited for something in forever.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2022, 03:08:04 PM
putting money in a MAGA state to see a MAGA team play does not seem ideal

i wouldnt pay money to see this team in philly much less fund moving abortion clinics out of texas

to be fair Houston is pretty solidly blue

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on October 24, 2022, 04:19:47 PM
Staying at the Hilton 1/2 mile from mmp. Section 153 friday section 155 Saturday. Drinks with J as much as possible and Birds on Sunday. Haven't been this excited for something in forever.

Yessir! Can't wait.

The way the series is set with the Eagles sandwiched in between...i am going to need a couple weeks to recover

phattymatty

I'm very happy to have watched the last 9 games.  And very happy that I didn't watch the first 162.

Been rocking the Phils sweatshirt that I had to pay $150 for at CBP the one game I went to this year when it was chilly.

Rome

This run reminds me of the Birds SB.  I'm not saying it'll end that way but it's been nice to get excited about this team after a decade of misery. 

PhillyPhreak54

Sounds like Nola in G1 not Wheeler

They want Wheeler to get the extra day of rest. 2.02 ERA on extra day of rest compared to 3.66 on normal rest

SD

I'd rather go with Nola game 1. Also done 2nd guessing Thomson.