Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 02, 2022, 12:52:34 AM
oof no son

As he threw a passed ball and gave up a hit to clear the bases. I'd keep harping on my point about being consistently wild and not a good option with a runner on 3rd and you'll counter with 'strikeout guy' because Alvarado is the only reliever they have that can strike players out apparently (your bold stance). So have fun with that.

MDS

if youd rather have james norwood or some other guy who wont be on the roster in july come into that spot over alvarado, an actual ML pitcher, i cant help you
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Here's where I need Commissioner Lil Guy to explain to me why it makes send for me to not be able to watch the Phillies tonight. They're playing the Texas farging Rangers who are four hours from Houston and they're not even in DFW!!

PhillyPhreak54

Probably best I'm not watching.

Thanks stupid shtein TV rules!

Don Ho

Ranger struggling
Wheeler still in spring training mode
Eflin looks broken
Gibson ok, not great, but ok.

Ace and his 8-9 hits, 3 runs off 3 homers, 10 K in 6 innings per outing is the man.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

How about a home run with guys on base fellas!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

You'll be happy with some sporadic singles and like it, sir.

Don Ho

LOOK!  A HOME RUN!  And just like clockwork no one on base.

Don Ho

Quinn Pop-Out bunt attempt
Wife beater K on a foul tip
Flounder sharp fly out

And I quote Todd - "82"

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 03, 2022, 06:55:08 PM
Here's where I need Commissioner Lil Guy to explain to me why it makes send for me to not be able to watch the Phillies tonight. They're playing the Texas farging Rangers who are four hours from Houston and they're not even in DFW!!

i dont know why or how but rangers and astros games are blacked out in the entire state on mlbtv....it makes no sense. when i was in the valley both were but i got fssw and fsh (before the csn houston debacle). houston and dallas are of course their own markets and you cant get the houston sports station in dallas or the dallas one in houston.

thats usually the genesis behind the blackouts. the local sports station wants to be in ___ market so they claim it and black you out from bypassing cable. its frustrating but makes some business sense. i guess this is what is happening here. the houston sports station (root) wants to be on all cable packages across the state and so does fssw. this will never happen. in the mean time, you cant watch the phillies stink.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah it doesn't make sense at all. The fact MLB allows this to still happen is absurd.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 03, 2022, 11:50:54 PM
Yeah it doesn't make sense at all. The fact MLB allows this to still happen is absurd.

These blackouts are generated by 30 different deals between teams and regional sports networks. MLB is not a party to these deals, but is contractually bound by the blackout restrictions in them. To renegotiate the regional exclusivity part of the contract between the teams and baseball would be tricky, since these TV deals are the teams' primary cash cows and they have no motivation for changing them.

If every person at the Commissioner's office wanted these blackouts gone, and they may very well want that, there isn't much they can do to make it happen.

MDS

they could easily lock in territorial rights if they wanted. basically say houston you get x miles around the city, chicago gets their market, etc. everything else is untouched by restrictions. they choose not to. ultimately there are bigger fish to fry than people in vegas or iowa being jobbed by these rules, so they let it go.

theres going to be, at some point, a work around for this. and TBF the nhl and nba have the same issues, baseball just has more games and more local tv games.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on May 04, 2022, 12:42:10 PM
theres going to be, at some point, a work around for this.

That workaround will likely involve buying Bally Sports Southwest+ to stream the games the Phillies play against the Rangers.

Geowhizzer

Incidentally, the DH rule in the AL and Roe v. Wade were both implemented/issued in 1973.

(Yeah, I'm a history teacher...)