Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on May 20, 2021, 09:13:05 PM
their offense entire team and every aspect of the game is pathetic
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 20, 2021, 08:15:31 PM
Just when you thought you were finally free of Matt Moore...

HA!  Yes.  That bomb he gave up actually hurt my neck following it out.

This club at .500 may be the biggesgt sham in the history of Philadelphia sports, even with the NL East being the Hindenburg on approach.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on May 20, 2021, 09:25:38 PM
alec bohm quite simply cannot play third. they tried. he cant do it.

And just like that he K's.  Probably for the best as the double play was inevitable.

Don Ho

Bronx cheer for Bohm.

MDS

alec bohm sucks but jean segura is evil
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

all things equal Nola might be worse than both
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i dont blame nola for being sold as an ace....hes a bland jesus freak from the bayou who just wants to pitch. his talent level is mid rotation. his contract is mid rotation. expecting him to be degrom is just silly.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Degrom??

he's not even taijuan walker

PhillyPhreak54

Nola is a fraud.

farg him

Rome

This team isn't boring in the worst way.

MDS

twitter fans hate nola because they have it in their brains his an ace

real ones know hes a 3 who sometimes is gonna be really good and sometimes is gonna be pretty bad

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 21, 2021, 09:29:08 PM
This team isn't boring in the worst way.

yup...they are more unwatchable than certainly any of the 2000 teens teams that were rebuilding/tanking

really bad phillie teams I would watch every game and bail quick...this team I don't even start a lot of the games

QB Eagles

I feel like Nola and for that matter Hoskins aren't the problem themselves. The problem is when those are the closest thing to successes your farm system can point to over a long period of time. They should have way more of these guys.

ice grillin you

no they a problem too...both are soft but especially Hoskins...he would much rather get a hit so he can do that corny wave to the dugout than go 0-4 and they win

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 21, 2021, 10:16:46 PM
I feel like Nola and for that matter Hoskins aren't the problem themselves. The problem is when those are the closest thing to successes your farm system can point to over a long period of time. They should have way more of these guys.

yes

theres a certain amount of bad luck when youre terrible and theres no great player at the top of the draft to take. but they were terrible for 5 years and walked out of that stretch with nola and hoskins. they made a big trade with hamels and walked away with basically realmuto, who cost them their diamond in the rough young pitcher.

top that off with a series of terrible FA decisions (mccutchen, thinking rhys can play LF so signing santana then backtracking and being forced to take on shteingura, extending odubel, crowning nick pivetta, all those awful bullpen signings like tommy hunter and david robertson) ..... aaaaand you got a team perpetually stuck on 81 wins