Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

So you fire the bullpen coach AND the assistant batting coach.  Well God damn, nothing says we're going to shake up this organization like going after those two!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Firing the bullpen coach is quite the statement from Dombrowski considering he's the dipshtein who constructed it in the first place.   

MDS

im not sure why lundquist was let go...i know for hitting they wanted to reconstruct the assistant position as more of an analytical/science one to play into the organizational philosophy there. so it wasnt really a commentary on the job whats his face did, it was more of a different direction kind of thing. but he couldnt have been all that good if they were happy to fire him.

i wouldnt read that much into the lundquist thing. minor coaching changes happen all the time across every team and every sport.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Here's some analytics for the hitters...

Stop swinging at pitches so early in the Clint. Especially the ones that are balls. Work the count. Get on base.

I'm not watching this series. I hope the Rangers leave the DBacks disemboweled

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 27, 2023, 08:20:53 PMStop swinging at pitches so early in the Clint. Especially the ones that are balls. Work the count. Get on base.

my dream is for you to be in the dugout during game 7 and try to give turner or castellanos advice on laying off pitches
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Or they can listen to the approach and plan from their hitting coach and I can sit in the stands and drink and hang out with you and your boy with the alligator

Don Ho

Right now I'd take the aligator and his little arms over that Cuban farg Castellanos.  This whole WIP suck off when things were good and how likeable this team is was enough to make you swallow your own regurgitation.  All of us on this board saw what cocky fargs this team was all season.

And Trea Turner, I want my standing ovation from my office desk back. 

The thought of those two at the plate the last 2 games, Man bun completely lost out there, Rojas peeing on himself all series, Kerkering even taking the mound in such a high pressure situation after looking like Mariano Rivera against a Mets team that had their cars running in the parking lot, Alvarado leaking oil again, Topper, going to be a long, long 5 months. Hey Kyle, during these next few months off, find a new song.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 28, 2023, 09:05:09 AMOr they can listen to the approach and plan from their hitting coach and I can sit in the stands and drink and hang out with you and your boy with the alligator

anytime you wanna escape republicanland, come on up

Don Ho

Birds, Flyers future looking bright, yes even the Sixers have helped me.

We will get through this J.

PhillyPhreak54

lil guy's homie, The Chief Howard Eskin, says that Nola's price starts at $30M per for 7yrs and the Phillies will not go that much.

QB Eagles

Not that I put much stock in what Eskin says, but my sense is the Phillies value him appropriately. Neither 7 years nor $30M per sounds particularly good for the Phils side of the deal. If they can get him back on something reasonable, then OK. Only real disappointments will be if the team either has no Plan B or signs an inferior guy at the price they could have gotten Nola for.

PhillyPhreak54

Rumor has it that Ian Snell would be that replacement.

Don Ho

Rome

Ian Astbury from The Cult is my choice.