Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

what a classic phillies loss

early runs...shut it down...nola melts down...terrible defense...washed up reliever spanked by old team. seen this movie before
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah. I want a refund. Everyone knew Kimbrel is that juice at the bottom of your outdoor garbage can. But yet him and his ponytail are here.

Rome

I shut it off at 5-3.  Actually we lost power being that it's 74 degrees, sunny, and without a puff of wind.  Of course we lost power. 

FLORIDUH

Anyway, this is the same shtein over and over. I don't know why I even bother anymore.

MDS

its been the same shtein for all 60 years of your miserable life and here you are...this is the joy of liking the base ball team from philadelphia

see you friday, sweetie
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Every Dodger fan we talked to today asked us "WTF were you guys thinking signing Kimbrel?"  I let them all know we can't stand the guy.

We had incredible seats behind Phils dugout.  Kimbrel walked right toward us after the Muncy grandslam.  My son had to tell me to cool it as i wanted to light into that POS so bad.  Sosa and Castellanos also deserve a kick in the scrotum. 

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Eflin 4-0 2.25 31/3 ratio

Should have kept him

MDS

WIP j all over it. 2 things
1) they loved eflin but didnt feel like he could stay healthy. hes missed 2 weeks already. we're 1+ month into the season. need to see more here.
2) the phillies have done a nice job getting the most of out of pitchers, but not on the level the rays have. if eflin had stayed he wouldnt be doing this well.

PhillyPhreak54

Doesn't speak well for the Phillies development and coaching staff eh?

And whatever - he'd be welcome right now whatever the negatives you mentioned

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 04, 2023, 06:39:57 PMWIP j all over it. 2 things
1) they loved eflin but didnt feel like he could stay healthy. hes missed 2 weeks already. we're 1+ month into the season. need to see more here.

Thats why he got a nothing contract...phillies coming off a world series almost assuredly could have got a little hometown discount as well...it was a no brainer chance to take over the trash they are running out there

not signing eflin also looks demonstrably worse with the brutal taijuan walker deal...phillies are a joke
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

eflin got a 3 year deal which nobody else was willing to go to, but its fair to say the money was so irrelevant that it doesnt really matter.

we're 1 month into the decision to go with walker over eflin. i dont think its unfair to say we need more time to see how this plays out. as of now, yes, it looks like a ludicrous decision 

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 04, 2023, 07:41:13 PMDoesn't speak well for the Phillies development and coaching staff eh?

And whatever - he'd be welcome right now whatever the negatives you mentioned

everyone's staff is inferior to the rays. theyre the best run org in sports. its not a knock. the rays gave up on alvarado who is now a dominant reliever. zach wheeler got much better once he signed here. theyre getting usable innings out of luis ortiz, who nobody could do anything with. eflin was an above average pitcher here, they just couldnt keep him on the field.

dombo believed walker would age better and stay healthier than eflin. it doesnt look good so far! but you gotta let this play out.

SD

Someone fall over the railing into the Sox's bp?

SD

Looks like it's someone on the Sox that's down.

SD

Guess it was a fan

Don Ho

No, that was just a highlight of me, throwing myself off the upper deck of dodger Stadium Wednesday. Honestly, that crossed my mind a few times after the game Wednesday, leaving the stadium, that jumping would be less painful than watching another kimbrel performance or flounder in the outfield try to field a ball.

Pretty ironic that happened right after flounder dropped that ball.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.