The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

The BEST scene is Kima getting a piece of strange.  It's almost completely irrelevant to the show itself, but who gives a shtein?

NSFW

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa3jr8_kima-greggs_redband

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 09, 2013, 05:08:41 PM
really?.....I always found that somewhat anti climatic...for the wire anyway

great scene but prob not in my top 20

idris elba is off the charts in that. plus its 1.5 seasons worth of tension boiling over with stringer feeling untouchable after he (thought he) made the "ready to run" deal with clay

other tv shows would have had a stringer avon showdown in s1 episode 10 but the wire waited and waited until it actually made sense for the characters
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 09, 2013, 07:01:02 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 09, 2013, 05:08:41 PM
really?.....I always found that somewhat anti climatic...for the wire anyway

plus its 1.5 seasons worth of tension boiling

that's kinda what I mean....the scene didn't quite live up to the build up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i disagree...though it gives me a good idea to do a 64 team bracket to determine the best wire scene ever

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

thats awesome

wire=life

ice grillin you

Eagles_Legendz

Flipping through the channels didn't realize Avon plays the dude in Remeber the Titans.  Funny that he's supposed to be in HS in that movie and it came out just 2 years before The Wire.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3OLUGEr1KwI

Sgt PSN

I was channel surfing a few days ago and ended up on BBC.  Don't even remember what I was watching, but during a commercial they were pimping a mini-series called "Luther", starring Idris Elba, that was coming on after the show I was watching.  It was the 4th episode of the 4 part mini-series, so I have no clue what happened before hand but it wasn't terrible (considering that British tv is usually really bad), but damn if it wasn't weird as hell listening to him talk with his natural British accent.   

ice grillin you

isnt luther in like its third or fourth season?

i heard it was good but i cant watch string when hes a bloke

SunMo

i blew through the first season and it's really good.

i haven't gone any further at this point though
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I didn't realize that it was a continuing mini-series.  Thought it was just the 4 episodes, but looking at their website I saw that they've done several seasons ranging between like 4-6 episodes each. 

Sunny, where did you watch season 1?  Netflix Streaming, Netflix Disc, BBC website??  I liked the last episode I just watched but would def be interested in checking it out from the beginning. 

SunMo

i think i downloaded the torrent but i'm fairly certain that it's on netflix
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD