The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Watching this show on A&E right now called The First 48.  Heard of it but never saw it before.  Supposedly the show follows real detectives as they work real murders.  So they're showing an episode from 2008 about a drug dealer who got killed in his drug house.  Turns out that a guy named Omar robbed the drug dealer and killed him.

Life imitating art.

Diomedes

I love that show.  Easily top five.

The Wire
First 48
Deadwood
It's Always Sunny
MASH
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

http://wikitravel.org/en/The_Wire_Tour

QuoteRespect

This part is crucial. The hand-wringing associated with the terribly distasteful and offensive term "ghetto tourism" is a bit overwrought and contrived, but there are pitfalls to be aware of. This tour will take you through examples of some of the more impoverished and alienated urban communities in the United States, and if your purpose is to "gawk at poverty," you are here for the wrong reasons. These are real neighborhoods with a vibrant culture that the locals are proud of in spite of the obvious social problems, and as a sophisticated traveler you should accept them on their own terms. You should be here to reconnect with your favorite scenes from the TV series and to better appreciate that which is Baltimore.  Note that it is highly inappropriate to photograph people without their express permission.

Stay safe

Yes, you are touring some high crime areas, be smart about it. Do not leave possessions within sight of any passers by. Car jackings happen everyday. And always make sure you have an exit route, so you are not boxed in. As noted above, walking on foot around the East and West Baltimore sections of the tour could be more risky. Yes, they are high violent crime areas, and a nighttime stroll would be ill-advised, but no one is likely to bother you beyond asking you what you're doing there, or possibly advising that it's not safe for you to visit. People here are used to minding their own business.

Well, duh. 

ice grillin you

ive done my own wire tour a few times....the neighborhoods are fine unless you are in an abandoned at 3am

some of the areas have even been gentrified.....two blocks from the hotel where omar capped bro mouzone is hipster dio heaven

Sgt PSN

Let's buy one of those Duck boats and start a "Ride The Duck: The Wire Edition" tour business.  That'd be so farging gangsta. 

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

MDS

im doing by summer rewatch and came to the conclusion that frog is the worst character in the entire series
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

So this dude I grew up with gets a lot of small bit roles in movies, tv shows and does some work with the NFL, but he mostly writes short films and plays.  Just found out that he was a Western District cop in 2 episodes of The Wire.....season 4, episodes 1 and 4.  In one of them he's arresting Bodie.  Lucky bastich. 

ice grillin you

ziggy is in 'low winter sun'.....the new amc show that starts sunday

cant really mention the zigga zigga without arguably the most heart wrenching scene in tv history...so hard to watch even after the 1000th time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1xTPsWRfrQ

reese125

MDS

im in the middle of summer rewatch and ive come to the conclusion that the stringer avon fight in s3 (where he tells him he had d killed) is the best scene in the show
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

really?.....I always found that somewhat anti climatic...for the wire anyway

great scene but prob not in my top 20