The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Stop ripping off the Oresident you filthy hippie.

Zanshin

So far it seems an awful lot like a pretty good HBO TV series. I've yet to experience the ridiculous religious experience as described on here. But, hey, I like good TV shows.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Quote from: Zanshin on May 09, 2011, 11:27:14 AM
So far it seems an awful lot like a pretty good HBO TV series. I've yet to experience the ridiculous religious experience as described on here. But, hey, I like good TV shows.

I don't think you understand the dynamic at play here, Z.

The Wire is the greatest thing ever created and anything short of frenzied hyperbolic praise for it is not to be tolerated.

MDS

pretty much

in fact if you watch an dont think its that good it should be a punishable crime
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

It very well may be the greatest show in the history of television, which places it slightly above Miley Cyrus' tattoos on the list of things that grown men should care about.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

but is it more important than novels or coen brothers movies?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Do I spend pages upon pages fawning over a novel or a movie? More importantly do I spend years and years talking about the same goddamned book/movie/whatever? This thread is farging 97 pages long. Get a grip.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

by this time next year it should be 197 pages long

the wire is life, son.

rjs246

Exactly. Kill yourself.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 09, 2011, 11:52:40 AM
pretty much

in fact if you watch an dont think its that good it should be a punishable crime

i dont know about that but at the very least youd be unamerican

altho i would be my house that zanshin could have an outerbody experience watching it and still wouldnt admit it...and in fact i could see him wtching it only to say how not awesome it is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Not true. If it's awesome, I'll say it's awesome...but I probably won't dwell on it, because that's not my way.  I'm on the third one, and so far it's good.

I'm not going for the counter opinion, but all of the slathering of love does make it harder to watch.  Still, enough people have said it's good to make me want to see what the fuss is about.

If I have an out-of-body experience while watching it, I promise to admit it.

Diomedes

If I could delete one thread...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on May 09, 2011, 01:05:40 PM
Not true. If it's awesome, I'll say it's awesome...but I probably won't dwell on it, because that's not my way.  I'm on the third one, and so far it's good.

third episode?

btw youll have to watch it a minimum of three times to take it all in.....theres so much you miss the first several times thru
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Once is enough to see that it's superior to all other television.  But after that, studying and proselytizing the damn thing is for fanboys.

But you already know this.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger