The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

on Directv, the 101 will start showing The Wire every thursday starting July 15th
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

paley media center says omar dying is the no. 11 biggest tv shocker ever

oprah getting everyone a car was no. 1
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

how was omar dying even close to a shocker

at best it was 50/50 whether he was gonna die...in fact that was the number one talking point suring season five...would omar live or not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

probably how it happened?

i think it was voted on by the general public, so blame america.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

oh how that little twat just came out of nowhere

i can live with that

SunMo

On Sunday, there was a trailer for the new hbo show about atlantic city with steve buschemi and I thought I saw Omar in a scene.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

ice grillin you

yeah hes in it...not sure how big a part tho...that show has incredibly potential but for some reason i feel like its gonna disappoint

Seabiscuit36

that show looks great. 

I would think so IGY, i never saw him going out like that, it was so damn quick and unexpected
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 17, 2010, 01:14:36 PM
yeah hes in it...not sure how big a part tho...that show has incredibly potential but for some reason i feel like its gonna disappoint
Quote from: KDS on June 17, 2010, 01:14:20 PM
yea hes in it

why dont we just get married

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 17, 2010, 01:14:36 PM

i have the same feeling.  it's buschemi, scorsesse, mobster shtein...all of which should make for a great show, but i have this feeling it's going to miss
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I hope its good. I forgot all about that. WHen is it due to come out?

I was pissed that Omar got capped that way. But the fact that it shows that even the baddest sonofabitch in the game can be had at anytime is great.

ice grillin you

as nasty as omar was being soft is what ultimately killed him...someone like marlo never would have gotten all emotional to the point of slippin like omar did

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 17, 2010, 07:55:30 AM
i lent my wire box set to a friend and just got this in an email from her...

Just finished season 1. At first I was like "what is going on, this isn't bad, but it's not SUPER FANTABULOUS AMAZING". Then at about episode 5 or 6 it got really awesome and now it's the best season of any tv show Ive seen". I think the problem was at first it took me a while to keep track of everyone.  Now I can't wait for season two.

^riveting info there^

ice grillin you

stick to seinfeld old man