The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

that iraq war thing he did was average at best...youre acting like hes made ten classics since the wire

pump your brakes homie in calling anything the wire
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i even stopped calling actual wires by that word out of respect for The Wire
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

I am watching this show from the begining and out of disdain for all of you I will not expound on it in this thread. Idiots.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 12, 2010, 08:14:27 PM
that iraq war thing he did was average at best...youre acting like hes made ten classics since the wire

pump your brakes homie in calling anything the wire

youre average at best

homocide was a solid series, the corner was great, the wire was godly, gen kill was solid

RESPECT THE LEGEND YOU CHRISTIAN
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

I haven't read any of this thread in order to avoid spoilers.  I'm off today so I've been more or less binging on the show. 

I'm assuming everyone who has read up to this point in the thread is aware past where I am but just in case I'll say what I'm going to say next is spoilerific.

Stringer just got killed by Brother Mouzone and Omar.  He was one farging smart dude.  Honestly if everyone ran the drug trade like he did there wouldn't be nearly as many drug related issues.  It's a shame he got taken out before Avon.

SunMo

he was business smart, but he wasn't street smart, that was the play between him Avon.  they needed each other to be successful and when they tried to do their own thing it led to their downfall.

stringer was so smart he let clay davis take him for suitcases full of cash

MDS

i cant believe someone from souderton sat through a show about black people

im proud of you, jonathan
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SunMo on January 13, 2010, 07:47:39 PM
he was business smart, but he wasn't street smart, that was the play between him Avon.  they needed each other to be successful and when they tried to do their own thing it led to their downfall.

stringer was so smart he let clay davis take him for suitcases full of cash

True about Clay, but I feel like that was Stringer having an overall lack of experience in the business world.  And I get the give and take between him and Avon, I just think if Avon hadn't gotten out of jail and farged things up, Stringer could have kept things running smoothly.

Stringer was keeping violence to a minimum when he was in charge.  It brings together part of the irony in the show.  McNulty et al wanted Stringer at all costs, but if Stringer goes, someone who has a greater tendency towards "drug wars" ala Marlo or Avon comes to power and all hell breaks lose.  I really think taking Stringer out of the equation is an overall negative for the police but I guess part of that can be answered in seasons 4/5.

ice grillin you

i would contend that no one was more street smart than stringer in that he knew the best way to go was to take shtein away from the corners (much like prop joe)...stringer came up as hard and did as much dirt as anyone in baltimore...he could have been wee bey if he wanted but he choose a different path

and clay davis got over on people a hell of a lot smarter than stringer bell...i wouldnt say that him stinging stringer makes a statement either way on stringers "smarts"

Seabiscuit36

Wee Bey is probably my favorite character in the whole show. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i love weebay but hes way to one dimensional to be the best on a show like the wire...plus he doesnt get enough airtime

bodie is the GOAT

Seabiscuit36

mind you i'm starting over again, still on season 1 disk 5 now.  I just love wee bey's smarts when it comes to dealing with situations and shootouts.  No hesitation
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

d'angelo barksdale was in friday night lights a couple weeks ago. i gave him a one minute ovation. im not kidding. i literally clapped for a while when he popped up on screen. and this show already has wallace in it.

i think i shouted where the boy at string like 15 times. im a massive dork.

SunMo

Herc appeared on 24 as a *gasp* aggressive cop who started kicking the shtein out of Jack Bauer because he thought he was a cop killer

Eagles_Legendz

Just finished season 4.   Season 3 was my favorite but season 4 was pretty awesome.  I have to agree with IGY that Bodie is the farging man.  There are so many good characters on the show though.  Season 2 was my least favorite because I could give a farg about the docks.  The Greeks were pretty sweet but the union bored me.