The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

such a good blog if youre a hardcore wire fan....this entry is particularly good...

http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2008/07/walking_into_the_wire.html
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

5-0 went to Snoop's crib to get her to snitch about a body bein dropped and found some chronic and arrested her.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

so michael is one of the main characters on the new 90210 show.  it's depressing.

SunMo

there's a few of these guys on heroes
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

the guy who sang the theme song for season 5 is the guy who played bubbles' NA sponsor.  just learned that.

Diomedes

you've never heard of Steve Earle?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phattymatty on December 10, 2008, 01:23:47 PM
the guy who sang the theme song for season 5 is the guy who played bubbles' NA sponsor.  just learned that.

Every version of 'Down in the hole' after season 1 was pretty awful. Season 5's being the worst.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on December 11, 2008, 07:04:35 AM
Quote from: phattymatty on December 10, 2008, 01:23:47 PM

Every version of 'Down in the hole' after season 1 was pretty awful. Season 5's being the worst.

real talk

phattymatty

agreed.

and no, never heard of that guy.

Diomedes

Huh.  I knew it was him the first time I saw him on screen, well before season 5 had his version.

ice grillin you

ive heard of him because he worships bruce springsteen but i couldnt pick him out of lineup with the supremes

Diomedes

I doubt you'd like his work.  Outlaw/alt country folk rock stuff.  He's been making very good to great albums for decades.  Mega drug addict for years.   I mean, this guy did more drugs than everyone on this board combined probably five times over.  In his prime, he made Keith Richards look like an amateur. 

You would love his politics.

ice grillin you

yeah i remember he came out with a post 911 album around the same time as the rising...he had some controversial song about john walker lindh i remember...sounded interesting but i was always to lazy or not motivated enough to actually make the effort to listen to his stuff