The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 11, 2008, 10:46:13 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 11, 2008, 10:41:40 AM
i dont post much on there cause i hate new hip-hop and everything that needs to be said about the golden age already has but its a great board
yeah, i went into the Slept on album and put up some that i like, and found some great ones on there, i have like 15 cd's i have waiting to DL when i get home

oh shtein it will be incredible for you then...go on the troy board...they post some amazing shtein on there

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 11, 2008, 10:47:28 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 11, 2008, 10:10:52 AM
I always love the scene where Omar goes to prision, and the guy who looks like a Goomba from Mario Brothers walks up to Omar and gives him a phonebook and a bunch of books to protect himself from shanks. 

That was a great scene and one I forgot all about.

Two great scenes from this past season were when McNulty got into the elevator with Daniels in the finale. Also when the psychologist is explaining the characteristics of the serial killer and he's describing McNulty. There are so many subtle smaller scenes that get overlooked that its almost impossible to pick just 10.

so true...one of the great things about the show was how funny it was for being so miserable...murder...drugs...corruption...unemployment...ect...yet it was hilarious

some of my favorites

herc asking Spider where he gets the hats that go sideways....really anything with herc carver and fuzzy

bodie riding up to philly and making the comment that he didn't know they have different radio stations once you leave baltimore.....so funny and so poingnant at the same time....classic

obviously not funny but namonds mom calling him a bitch for not going to baby booking was a great as well

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

how about the first scene ever for the series? "you got to, this america man" pretty much summed up the entire show.

also i didnt notice at first but the scene bunk and kima investigate at the end (bunk repeats "givin a farg when it aint your turn to give a farg") is the same place gant got shot in the pilot, the guy who fingered d'angelo in the murder.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 11, 2008, 01:11:46 PM
how about the first scene ever for the series? "you got to, this america man" pretty much summed up the entire show.

its a true story from the homocide book and its done much better in there

SD_Eagle5

My all time favorite scene was when those 3 teenage kids busted down dooks door and shot him in the groin.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 11, 2008, 01:28:28 PM
My all time favorite scene was when those 3 teenage kids busted down dooks door and shot him in the groin.
was that the one where Pookie was?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 11, 2008, 01:43:14 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 11, 2008, 01:28:28 PM
was that the one where Pookie was?

Did pookie wear #21?

Seabiscuit36

lol....I was thinking of when Omar robbed one of the reup houses and pook was on the phone
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

how bout the very sight of namond in the throwback rome jersey.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

1.8 mil watched the finale. really mediocre numbers but who cares.

bunk and kima apparently "secured financing" to do a movie, but simon isnt on board. yet. he said hell do if theres an idea for one, and right now he doesnt have an idea. would probably have to be a prequel, not sure whats left to do now.

ice grillin you

slate chimes in with their favorite wire scenes  http://www.slate.com/id/2181449/entry/2186238/

1) Omar testifying in Season 2, and making a fool of Maury Levy. "I got the shotgun; you got the briefcase."

2) Bunny Colvin taking Namond and the other kids out to a fancy restaurant, in Season 4.

3) Cutty telling Avon he wants out: "The game ain't in me no more. None of it."

4) Kima's ghetto version of Goodnight Moon at the end of Episode 7 a few weeks ago.

5) Omar and crew's fabulous heist near the end of Season 4, followed by Omar's selling the drugs back to Prop Joe.

6) Bodie and Jimmy's meet in the garden at the end of Season 4, just before Bodie's murder, when Bodie gives his "This game is rigged" speech. Bodie says, "I feel like the little bitches on the chessboard," and Jimmy murmurs, "Pawns."

7) Snoop buying the nail gun in the opening scene of Season 4.

8) Stringer Bell's funeral-home meetings in Season 3, particularly his efforts to enforce Robert's Rules of Order. "Do the chair know we gonna look like some punk-ass bitches out there?"

9) Bunny persuading Wee-Bey to let him adopt Namond at the end of Season 4.

10) All of Hamsterdam.

11) Stringer and Avon looking over the Baltimore skyline, reminiscing about their good old days, each knowing that he just had betrayed the other.

12) Carver sitting in his car, punching his steering wheel, after dropping Randy at the group home.

13) Bunk and Jimmy solving a murder with just the word farg.

MDS

Diomedes

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120546175981035727.html

WSJ ruminates on the Wire, Baltimore city failure, etc.

Worth the read even if you disagree
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

I've seen Goodfellas at least 100x but haven't seen it since I've been watching the Wire. It was on this afternoon. In the scene when Henry is coked up and goes to pick up his brother in the wheelchair from the hospital the Doc that checks him out is Clay Davis.

ice grillin you

An actor on the Baltimore-based HBO series "The Wire" was stabbed in the chest and buttocks during a melee early yesterday at a social hall in Overlea.

About 2 a.m., Baltimore County police rushed to Overlea Caterers Inc., in the 6800 block of Belair Road, and used pepper spray to disperse a crowd of about 30 people, several of whom were fighting, a police spokesman said.

After the fight was over, police officers discovered that Christopher J. Clanton, 22, had been stabbed. Clanton, who played a recurring character on "The Wire," was taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center by ambulance, authorities said.

Clanton played Savino Bratton, a recurring character in "The Wire" who appeared in nine episodes in the first and fifth seasons.

MDS

didnt omar kill sevino in the episode before he died