The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: Rome on March 09, 2008, 08:13:38 PM
I hope all the white characters get killed.

white characters?  i'm not familiar
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

McNulty was in "300".  Now I know why IGY hates that movie as much as he does.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

MDS

I'd consider it a borderline flawless ending. Everything came full circle and stayed true to the characters and stayed true to how it would play out in real life. The only thing I've read some different takes on is how Marlo turned out. It was my understanding that he took over that corner at the end after giving up the crown, kind of running thing quietly and behind the scene like Joe did.

I loved the Sydnor/Judge Phelan scene that was right out of the first episode.
Also that cut of Dookie shooting up = pain. It went by so fast that you didn't really have time to tear up, but man, you saw it coming and it still killed.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

NGM

farging brilliant.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

The BIGSTUD

Michael = new Omar.  :-D

The legend lives on. Marlo already forgotten.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 09, 2008, 10:25:45 PM
Amazing

yup

This wasn't my favorite season but the last 2 episodes were as good as any. The ending montage with the original theme song was perfect.

phattymatty

i like how michael turned out.

i liked slim gettin cheese.

good ending with marlo.

poor dookie.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on March 09, 2008, 10:40:31 PM
I'd consider it a borderline flawless ending. Everything came full circle and stayed true to the characters and stayed true to how it would play out in real life. The only thing I've read some different takes on is how Marlo turned out. It was my understanding that he took over that corner at the end after giving up the crown, kind of running thing quietly and behind the scene like Joe did.

I loved the Sydnor/Judge Phelan scene that was right out of the first episode.
Also that cut of Dookie shooting up = pain. It went by so fast that you didn't really have time to tear up, but man, you saw it coming and it still killed.
I cant remember a better ending to a show.  They covered everything, and Dook shooting up, becoming Bubs was tough to see.  Michael becoming Omar was amazing.  Carver becoming Daniels.  Sydnor becoming McNulty.  Just amazing to see in an episode.  This is one of the shows that 10 years from now will be looked at with astonishment
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

I was dealing with a screaming infant during the Herc/Levy scene, did Levy tell Herc to give Marlo's number up? I only caught of that scene when he was thanking him.

NGM

My favorite scene was when Bunk and McNulty had the homeless guy they were framing for the murder in the interrogation room.  It was great to hear the homeless guy explain what McNulty was, and why he did the things he did.  I thought that was unbelievably good. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 09, 2008, 10:45:10 PM
I was dealing with a screaming infant during the Herc/Levy scene, did Levy tell Herc to give Marlo's number up? I only caught of that scene when he was thanking him.

Herc played both sides. He tipped Levy to the wiretap and got rewarded for it.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

phattymatty

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 09, 2008, 10:45:10 PM

no, he thanked him and told him to come to dinner at his house.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phattymatty on March 09, 2008, 10:43:53 PM
i like how michael turned out.

i liked slim gettin cheese.

good ending with marlo.

poor dookie.

Cheese needed to drop

MDS

Worst thing really is that there is no ammo for a movie. What's to tell? Everything is closed.

Except for maybe the Marlo angle, you could still get some play out of him and Slim Charles running the Greeks' package. I guess you could also follow Carcetti as governor, but it would just be a repeat of his bullshtein as mayor.

Show is done. Maybe a prequel?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.