The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

shtein go down in Souderton like that, son.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

it do when i say it do
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

Surprisingly mediocre season so far. I hope the last 5 episodes make up for it.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

i agree...they probably should have stopped this after four years...this season is weaksauce
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

It was pretty much impossible to top season 4, especially considering they added a new element and only have 10 episodes to get through that and wrap everything up. All things considered, I'd say it's the on pace to be the 4th or 5th greatest season ever for a TV show.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

This conversation is on pace to be greatest ever too! Exclamation point!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Sorry. I meant the fourth or fifth greatest conversation ever.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

the first episode of this season looked like it was going to really tie everything together from all of the seasons.  that just isn't even close to happening yet.  i agree it's probably one of the worst yet. 

you can kind of see where the newspaper angle is going but it's just so friggin boring so far.  and you don't really like any of the characters except for gus, and even he is meh.

The BIGSTUD

I agree. The newspaper angle is really boring so far. They are doing well of showing it realistically, but it just isn't really entertaining.

Also McNulty's little plan seems really far-fetched, but then again, legalizing drugs back in season 3 was unrealistic too.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 28, 2008, 09:27:49 PM
It was pretty much impossible to top season 4, especially considering they added a new element and only have 10 episodes to get through that and wrap everything up. All things considered, I'd say it's the on pace to be the 4th or 5th greatest season ever for a TV show.

yeah i mean right now its still better than any show ever but its closer to say the sopranos best season rather than being from another world like the first four years were

and i like the newspaper angle the best right now...granted im into that kind of stuff....but the rest of it is more far fetched and is trying to touch an entertainment angle rather than a realism one...it feels more like an episode of homocide than the shakespearean tragedy that the first four seasons were...its still wonderful its just not the wire

Also McNulty's little plan seems really far-fetched, but then again, legalizing drugs back in season 3 was unrealistic too.

first of all drugs were not legalized...only lawmakers can do that...secondly it was not unrealistic as hampsterdam essentially happened in baltimore in the 80's as a way of comnbating drug violence...it wasnt done exactly as the show showed but it was very close...i would bet it has happened in most major cities at one time or another...usually the cops themselves stop the program tho as opposed to it reaching the media as it did on the show

The BIGSTUD

I know the drugs weren't officially legalized, but they just turned a blind eye. Essentially the same thing.

Didn't know a variation has been done before.

MDS

igy things start making more sense as the next two episodes (or three if you havent seen 5) air. the reality of the situation sets in and the fact that something like this is happening is covered from all angles. no, its not the greatest story line ever, but the show still takes place in a real place, not in a magical fantasy universe like most tv shows.

ice grillin you

things make sense now

ice grillin you

Quote from: King Cole on January 29, 2008, 05:30:42 PM
I know the drugs weren't officially legalized, but they just turned a blind eye. Essentially the same thing.

Didn't know a variation has been done before.

yeah they did it in the 80's in bmore...but it was a few city blocks versus an abandoned lot like they did on the show...it was done during the crack wars back then as a way to slow down violent crime when there was a string of drug  murders in a short peoriod of time

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 29, 2008, 07:59:04 PM
things make sense now

if thats a veiled criticism of me, i wont hear it and i wont respond to it.