The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

the one thing i noticed from the season 5 preview was that clark johnson appears to have knocked his character out of the park. but yet again they got a bunch of normal looking people to play these media parts instead of model-looking hollywood types.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

just watched the premiere, its on hbo on demand.

setting things up obviously for the season, but its quite refreshing to watch an episode of the wire, seeing that its the goat.

the opening scene is farging great. they do an amazing job of introducing the paper storyline and picking up the major crimes, city hall and street and re-introducing us to all the characters (cept for Omar, he always comes a few episodes in)

i wont give anything else away as to what storylines are sort of dropped and which characters are out of main cast (im certain we'll see everyone who aint dead), but of course, this is the best show ever.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I been avoiding this thread because I love this show and can't stand even the tiniest spoiler.

Got season three for Christmas.  Watched the first seven episodes in the last two days..I'm on a Wire binge.

What a great goddamned piece of work.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

wait until you see season four dio...ive watched it three times and i still cant believe how good it is...definitely the best season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on December 31, 2007, 01:10:59 AM
just watched the premiere, its on hbo on demand.

No shtein? I checked at midnight figuring it might be on but no luck. Wound up watching the Bunk/McNulty - Prop Joe - and Omar prequel which were all incredible. Going to check it out now.

phattymatty

yeah i noticed last night that the premiere is available on my box too.  popped a boner.

MDS

well watch it already you silly gooses,i cant keep these thoughts bottled up for much longer.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on December 31, 2007, 12:48:29 PM
well watch it already you silly gooses,i cant keep these thoughts bottled up for much longer.

Just finished, farging fantastic. I love the way they tie things from the last 4 seasons into this season. The Marlo/Prop Joe foreshadowing was brillant. I waited for that to develop in season 4.

phattymatty

i just finished season 4 yesterday.  probably the best so far.  i would rank them 4-1-2-3.  2 and 1 could probably flip flop though.

sucks that 5 is only 10 episodes though, what a rip.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phattymatty on December 31, 2007, 01:49:45 PM
i just finished season 4 yesterday.  probably the best so far.  i would rank them 4-1-2-3.  2 and 1 could probably flip flop though.

sucks that 5 is only 10 episodes though, what a rip.

That does suck but not nearly as bad as this being the last season. I'd rank them 4-1-3-2

phattymatty

you didn't like 2?  i think it took a little longer than normal to get good but by the end of it i thought it was great.  easily better than 3 for me.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phattymatty on December 31, 2007, 02:00:49 PM
you didn't like 2?  i think it took a little longer than normal to get good but by the end of it i thought it was great.  easily better than 3 for me.

I loved season 2 although it did start off slow and I hate that they killed off D,  but the way season 3 ended and how it was the pivotal season where there was a turnover in power from Barksdale/Bell to Marlo did it for me.

MDS

3 > 2 simply because of the 2nd to last episode where ___ and ___ shoot ____. unreal scene.

SD_Eagle5

"Well ya gonna shoot me?" cap cap cap

phattymatty

Wow I watched the season 5 premiere this morning and it's farging great. You can already see everything coming full circle, I think this might be the best yet.

My only complaint is that the new theme song is beat. Worst one by far.