The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I can see how you would need HD for a character and plot driven show.

just finished season two.  gonna order three shortly.  echoing what some of you other stillupfront's moms have said, second season wasn't as good as first but still better than anything else ever made for television
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

the greek from season two is in michael clayton...playing the same type character but not russian
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

just a heads up...

melvin williams aka the deacon on the show and also the inspiration for avon barksdale is the subject of this show tonight at 10pm on bet....

preview....

MELVIN WILLIAMS

Rap Sheet
Reign: 1960s and 70s.
Business: Heroin
Region: Baltimore, MD
Claim to Fame: He's part of the inspiration for "The Wire."
Downfall: framed by police.
Sentence: 26.5 years
Lesson: Keep your enemies close, but not close enough to drop drugs in your pocket.

Case File
Before he was old enough to shave, "Little Melvin" Williams possessed a genius I.Q. and was a prodigy in the gambling haunts and alleyways along glittering Pennsylvania Avenue.  When heroin addiction exploded in the 1960's, Mafia drug traffickers sought out connections in big cities that were accustomed to dealing in large sums of cash and were smart enough to keep their mouths shut. In Baltimore  - home to more heroin users than any other big American town – they needed to look no further than to Melvin, known in street lore today as "the man who brought heroin to Baltimore." For three decades Melvin ruled as the uncrowned king of West Baltimore. Frustrated with their inability to penetrate his  operation, Baltimore police framed him  - planting a hand full of pills in his pocket during an orchestrated bust. Five years later, Melvin emerged from prison a bitter man out for revenge. He accomplished his mission – accumulating untold millions in narco-profits – but ultimately paid the price by serving 26.5 years in prison.  His exploits helped inspire the hit series "The Wire."  On this episode of 'American Gangster' he tells his story, his way.

ice grillin you

american gangster last night was so cheesy

this is not....

a must read

however its from a grown up magazine and is VERY long so if youre not a strong reader dont click

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/10/22/071022fa_fact_talbot

phattymatty

omar is in gone baby gone.  not a main character buts gets about 10 min. of face time.

ice grillin you

its gonna be great to see all the people from that show who literally were pulled off the street get actual careers from it....

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 18, 2007, 08:45:24 AM
however its from a grown up magazine and is VERY long so if youre not a strong reader dont click

that is printed and ready for my next bathroom break.

MDS

yea ive been meaning to print that out, but i dont have a printer with ink. poor jews, never can catch a break.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on October 18, 2007, 08:58:16 AM

that is printed and ready for my next bathroom break.

exactly what i did with it yesterday

Diomedes

american gangster last night was so cheesy

this is not....

a must read

It's also got spoilers--Prez becomes a teacher!?!--so farg you for the no warning link, dickbreath.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

its a 13 page new yorker essay and you didnt think it might have a spoiler or two?

Diomedes

MDS

whiny white people need to stop the talk talk

ice grillin you