The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

mo levy is actually rather annoying

levy is a perfect example of why the show is so farging good...hes not in it a ton but he is perfectly cast and just hits every single one of his scenes out of the park...its amazing how many actors are like that in the show...how the wire hasnt won any casting emmys is unfathomable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

you cant cast so many black people and expect to win. white people are racist.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2007, 09:04:06 PM
white people all people are racist.

there you go
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

you cant cast so many black people and expect to win. white people are racist.

somehow you always say what im thinking

Diomedes

Quote from: SunMo on July 24, 2007, 09:07:11 PM
Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2007, 09:04:06 PM
white people all people are racist.

there you go

irrelevant.  they have the power, so it's their racism which counts.  when the scales tip, I'll bitch about the stillupfronts
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

power is relative
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

blacks can be racist. theyve been shtein on since white people came to africa and forced them into slavery.
hispanics and asians have difficult socioeconomic boundries to overcome to make in society, and still have to deal with white people stereotyping them.

white people have no business being racist. they just are because they suck.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 24, 2007, 07:00:12 PM
So far its really boring, I had to force myself to stay awake during the first episode...second one wasn't much better. The whole Port Authority thing is crap compared to any time a Barksdale is on the screen.

I felt that way too after the first disc but it gets a lot better. 

ice grillin you

i dont think its boring i just think people arent used to the way simon writes which is to spend much more time on character and plot development than 99% of tv shows

you may not think its interesting but its great how much time he spends the way the ports work and the way cargo gets processed thru them...also the behind the scenes political battles that go on in the city...great stuff imo but def not for everyone

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on July 24, 2007, 09:24:02 PM
blacks can be racist. theyve been shtein on since white people came to africa and forced them into slavery.
hispanics and asians have difficult socioeconomic boundries to overcome to make in society, and still have to deal with white people stereotyping them.

white people have no business being racist. they just are because they suck.

I guess MLK's dream truly died with him, eh?

SD_Eagle5

After a slow start season 2 really picked up. Stringer is filthy. Sucks they killed off one of the best characters on the show.

Diomedes

not reading not reading not reading
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on July 31, 2007, 08:50:29 PM
not reading not reading not reading

I'm courteous unlike the jew

Diomedes

I've still only got through the first five episodes.  My old lady has been out of town a week and I can't send them back until she watches, which means I can't get the next disc until she watches, etc.

ice grillin you

god youre a bitch