Around The NFL - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 16, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 12, 2020, 02:35:53 PM
He's no world beater but Dennis Kelly has had one of the most successful post-Eagles careers of the last 5 years. The trade for DGB is firmly in Howie's L column.

Gonna give credit where it's due, a lot of us were gushing over dbg but igy said it was a bad move and Kelly was a valuable backup. So kudos to him

Diomedes

Matt Stafford's commentary on race is surprisingly well stated in parts...I think he actually wrote it. 

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/matthew-stafford-detroit-lions-nfl-racial-injustice
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on September 12, 2020, 09:06:34 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on September 12, 2020, 02:35:53 PM
He's no world beater but Dennis Kelly has had one of the most successful post-Eagles careers of the last 5 years. The trade for DGB is firmly in Howie's L column.

Gonna give credit where it's due, a lot of us were gushing over dbg but igy said it was a bad move and Kelly was a valuable backup. So kudos to him

it should be in the league rule book...you don't trade starting caliber OT's
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they wouldnt have been able to keep kelly as a backup for this long nor would he have been replaced peters/had them not draft dillard

of course it was a bad trade because kelly is an nfl player and dgb is a dumpster but i dont think anyone needs to care this much about it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

but there are I-told-you-so points in the offing
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

The monster list of injuries yesterday grows

McCaffrey is out for several weeks now with an ankle injury.

QB Eagles

Bosa's injury has to be considered the most significant. He's a key player on a contender. Barkley and McCaffrey are key players on horrible teams.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah the Niners took it in the keister yesterday.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

Good. If they can fine players have having their socks at the wrong height, they can fine coaches for having their mask at the wrong height.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Charges against Kraft dropped today, fittingly, in the county of Palm Beach.

PhillyPhreak54

Wonder how he managed to get off...

Eagaholic

QB Eagles

Good for Kraft, honestly. The state prosecutors played it up like an international sex trafficking ring and called it "modern day slavery", when really it was just some old Chinese ladies doing consensual rub n tugs. Florida used Kraft to gin up publicity for their case, with the expectation that he would quietly accept their plea deal offer and pay $10,000 to make it go away.

Instead Kraft called their bluff, refused the deal, and pointed out that the video surveillance was unconstitutional. The case that was designed to be good publicity for state prosecutor's political career started to become a real liability. So of course charges were dropped, not just against Kraft, but against all the defendants. They were lucky that a billionaire was involved and refused to back down, when he very easily could have (and would have saved him a bunch of money).

Diomedes