Around The NFL - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 16, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

howie is jerry falwell jring it in the corner and there is an open invitation list
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Shefter saying the Jags traded Yannick Ngakoue to Minnesota for a second-round pick, and a conditional fifth-round pick that can become as much as a third-round pick.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

All good birds took Jalen Hurts instead

QB Eagles

Hurts will probably be the starting QB most of the season, after their third string LT rolls over Wentz's ACL.

General_Failure

That's a lot of injuries for a four game season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

It's begun. The first huge SEC star (Ja'Marr Chase) is opting out of the college season.

By the way, covid might be the stated reason, but I expect this to continue happening post covid. Once you are a guaranteed top 10 pick, you're an idiot to play a single down of salary-free football.

PhillyPhreak54

Jags released Leonard Fournette

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 31, 2020, 08:27:32 AM
Jags released Leonard Fournette

I'd say get but that would make way too much sense.

Rome

Can he play LT because that would be nice.

PhillyPhreak54

Kamara rumored to be on the block if they can't reach an extension

Offshore odds have the Bears at +200 to land him with Washington in second at +550

QB Eagles

I'd be shocked if Kamara moved. Loomis always seems to pull cap room out of his ass for their marquee players. Second tier guys like Sproles and Jenkins are available, but Kamara (although at a less valuable position than guys like Lattimore) is a cut above.

Plus it's somewhat of an open secret that this season is it for Brees, and I'm sure they'd like to keep their other offensive stars in place for the new QB (as well as for their last playoff run in the Brees window).

PhillyPhreak54

Agree. I'd be shocked if he was moved too. He's too good. I saw where he wants CMC money but they're offering around $12M.

Then again Payton is arrogant enough to hand it off to Taysom Hill as a feature back.

Speaking of Brees. He's enraged MAGAts by saying he was gonna wear Blake's name on his helmet. They're not happy.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Fournette is 25 yrs old and coming off a 1,600 yard season and the Jags couldn't get a pick for him. 

I'm just shocked he didn't end up in New England although in retrospect he ended up in NE's Florida retirement home.

General_Failure

Why give up a pick for a RB when you can just use that pick on a RB? That's where the NFL is now.

The man. The myth. The legend.