Around The NFL - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 16, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

earl thomas and his brother were running the train on some random and wifey caught him

broooooooooooooooooooooo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Diomedes

I'm all for consenting adults being free to do as they please...but am I the only one grossed out by this particular combo?   With your own brother yo?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I like the double standard I'm seeing (not here but in general). She pulls a gun on him for cheating and he's the scumbag icehole. Imagine if the roles were reversed and he caught her cheating and pulled a gun? He'd be called a violent thug and she'd be portrayed as the victim. Call me whatever but it's 100% true

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on May 07, 2020, 09:32:05 AM
Imagine if the roles were reversed and he caught her cheating and pulled a gun?

Would have been an interesting scenario for the Ravens, since they publicly have a zero tolerance policy for domestic violence since the Ray Rice thing.

Diomedes

Can Queen play FS?  He's supposedly got the speed for it...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Saw her mugshot. 

Nice that they let them wear their prison fatigues into lockup beforehand for the mug shots.  Efficiency and shtein.

QB Eagles

The PI review thing is officially dead now.

Diomedes

MDS

some nuggets i picked up from pouring through the schedule:

-dallas leads the way with 11 national games. kinda low for them. no has 9. tb/sf 8.5. kc 8. gb 7.5. phi/ne 7. bal/sea 6.
-the rams maxed out on PT games (5) but have no other national window games. hmmmm.
-the chargers are tenants in their stadium, dont open up in a full national window and only have 1 (possible) pt game. yikes. the rams and raiders both get early primetime games to open up their fancy stadiums. the chargers didnt even get the late week 1 mnf.
-vegas has 4 locked in home primetime games and 1 other possibility. 0 road. never seen this before. league really doing them favors.
-nov 15 the masters will air a late morning/early afternoon final round. all 100 nfl games on fox. then i assume 100% of the country has one of 3 games at 405 on cbs, while fox still airs its normal 425 game. good day to stay on the couch.
-the wash team has 0 primetime games and 1 national game -- tg against dallas. this has been proven to be the highest rated window of the year regardless of opponent. nfl playing to that.
-the bills have more primetime games than the giants
-detroit also has 0 schedule primetime games. why are they still leading off tg?
-4/5 of pitt's national window games are on the road. sad yinzer.
-all 3 viking primetime games are on the road. sad melvin.
-5/6 seattle national window games are at home. perfect they get this when they cant even benefit from it.
-lot of pressure on the eagles/dallas week 16 game to be good. it was put there for a reason.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Here's a nugget: There's a Friday game. The Vikings play in New Orleans on Christmas.

Geowhizzer

phattymatty

I have not seen a non eagles MNF game in years but I even know booger is terrible just from the memes.

tessitore is great though - makes me think of boxing.  maybe he's bad a football I don't know but all time sports voice.

MDS

tess just didnt have the chops to carry a big time nfl broadcast. hes good on college and boxing. very hokey and carnival barkery which plays well to those, but the nfl is all confidence and gravitas. the game sells itself. he was trying to sell you on the game.

booger is actually very good in studio. might never be ready for the booth but he certainly wasnt ready for the big leagues. espn just really put everyone in a bad spot with this thing.

feels like they have 2 options
1) fowler-herbie IF there is no college. which is likely. buys them a year to figure things out.
2) levy-riddick-orlovsky. this i think would be a good booth but it might only be for a year since there will be a lot of movement with announcer contracts in 2021.

Rome