Around The NFL - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 16, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 25, 2020, 12:59:42 PM
there was a report from a legit source that the eagles want a young receiver out of the draft to grow with wentz not a free agent who might have their own ideas...

sounds kinda weird and could just be a no sports going on corona rumor??

Sounds to me like Wentz needs coddling, or the team thinks he does, and they want to stock the WR corps with kids who learn to play with Wentz...

I kinda buy it, kinda don't.

They can't be rid of Desean or Alshon, can't afford another legit WR this year...so what else they gonna do but go young?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

They probably want to go with a young receiver because the remaining free agent WRs are trash... I mean Agholor was already picked up, that's how close to the bottom of the barrel we are.

Josh Gordon is available if they want an addict who might play a couple of weeks.

Diomedes

Two FA deals have fallen apart

Darqueze Dennard not going to Jacksonville
Michael Brockers not going to Baltimore
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

This bit at PFT about Romo's negotiation with Jones and Parcells is instructive:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/27/tony-romo-wont-discuss-cbs-contract-recalls-playing-hardball-with-jones-and-parcells/

QuoteRomo had been with the Cowboys for three years but had never thrown a pass in a regular-season game. The Cowboys thought they could get Romo to sign an extension for a $500,000 signing bonus, but Romo demanded a $2 million signing bonus and got it.

"Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells sit me down right before a preseason game," Romo recalled. "They're like, 'We need you to sign this deal for $500,000.' I'm making the league minimum, $250,000 or so. I told them, 'The only way you'll play me is if you have something invested in me that makes you want to see if I'm worth it.' I told them $2 million. 'For that, I feel like you'll want to put me in a game to see.' Believe me, I didn't want to do it. It was as nerve-wracking a situation as I've ever been in."

Romo said that Jones and Parcells agreed, and he got his $2 million signing bonus.

Balls.  Always bet on yourself.

QB Eagles

Bet on yourself if you're Tony Romo. I see that Sudfeld took the half million. That's instructive too.

He couldn't sell it.

https://youtu.be/NOc4UWO3R4I

Diomedes

We can't all bet as big as everyone else, but if you think someone else will stand up for you...lol

PhillyPhreak54

Cowboys have signed Greg Zuerline from the Rams

Legit kicker

Diomedes

Yeah, he legit missed 6 of 11 tries between 40 and 49 yards last season. 

Not scaring anyone with their kicker.

General_Failure

Tampa Bay's new uniforms pay homage to their great defensive players who excelled at backpedalling. https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1247569827411243011

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Wow, Tom Brady really looks different now.

PhillyPhreak54

A step up from the trash they were wearing

Geowhizzer

Rome

They look like Rollerball jerseys. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Bill O'Brien is awful. His brain is as jello-y as Brandin Cooks'

The #Texans are sending a 2nd round pick to the #Rams in exchange for WR Brandin Cooks and a future fourth-round pick, source said.