Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Munson on October 23, 2020, 11:35:31 AM
Texas is the only state that might matter in and that was the long shot dream get anyway. There's only about 150K oil workers in the US now I believe. Is there a swing state in the country besides Texas that probably employs a lot of them? Probably not.

Man there might be 150k oil workers in a couple block radius here alone.

phattymatty

Quote from: Munson on October 23, 2020, 11:36:25 AM
And again, I don't know what people thought Biden or any lefty means when we say carbon neutral by ______. That means oil going bye bye lol

going carbon neutral by 2050 means literally nothing to most people. 

saying I will get rid of the oil industry is common people talk and he knew he farged up the second he said yes.

and lol at 150k oil workers - just because you're not down in the mines does not mean your whole life doesn't depend on it.

ice grillin you

i dont know the exact number but the the oil and gas industry makes up something like 5-10% of all us jobs...its monstrous and will never go away....it would be like saying the military will be gone by 2050...obviously the military isnt going anywhere  because its national defense but as a job creator thats how entrenched oil and gas is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: phattymatty on October 23, 2020, 01:55:07 PM
Quote from: Munson on October 23, 2020, 11:36:25 AM
And again, I don't know what people thought Biden or any lefty means when we say carbon neutral by ______. That means oil going bye bye lol

going carbon neutral by 2050 means literally nothing to most people. 

saying I will get rid of the oil industry is common people talk and he knew he farged up the second he said yes.

and lol at 150k oil workers - just because you're not down in the mines does not mean your whole life doesn't depend on it.

I just don't see it mattering much. Texas might have a higher chance of staying red now but white working class people in the Midwest and suburban women and retired seniors not wanting to die from covid give no shteins about the oil industry. Ending subsidies for the oil industry is a popular stance and most people who would ever think of voting for Biden already know the shift away from oil has already begun.

Natural gas is different and he's tip toeing a lot around that for demographic reasons but even fracking is underwater in PA now according to recent polls.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

biden won every poll anyway...viewership was down for the debate. he needed a game changer like hillarys email investigation blasted by the nytimes and didnt come close to getting one.

at best what this did was get some republicans who were maaaaaaaybe teetering to come back home. not going to be enough to save trump but could save lady g or j's boy cornyn. but lets be real those people were never going to leave the plantation anyway.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on October 23, 2020, 09:26:23 AM
am I the only cold blooded liberal who sees everything going exactly the same as 2016?  everyone seems way too farging confident right now.

you have no idea

PhillyPhreak54

Btw the oil comment was one of the top news stories on the local abc channel here.

However they pointed out how the city is already deep into renewables. Not sure the mouthbreathers can get back the initial comment and look deeper though

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 23, 2020, 09:48:36 PM
am I the only cold blooded liberal who sees everything going exactly the same as 2016?  everyone seems way too farging confident right now.

you have no idea

this polling is entirely different than 2016...there are like half the amount of undecided and the district level polling that was signaling trouble in 16 is signaling massacre now

if you want to be shook or live in fear or whatever i cant help you, i just follow the facts.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

saw some scumbag filming the ballot drop box on the south side of city hall...started screaming at him. he claimed to be from 'cbs' and that he was just getting b roll. im like thats great i dont believe you.

police aint gonna do shtein about it. there were some biden staffers nearby who also noticed and ran it up their flagpole. farging christ these disgusting people know no bounds.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 23, 2020, 11:02:50 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 23, 2020, 09:48:36 PM

you have no idea

this polling is entirely different than 2016...there are like half the amount of undecided and the district level polling that was signaling trouble in 16 is signaling massacre now

if you want to be shook or live in fear or whatever i cant help you, i just follow the facts.

lol

SD

I try to stay positive but man it's getting harder the closer it gets to Election Day.

ice grillin you

just gotta get the senate...i think in a second term if dems have both houses trump will become a democrat again...just suck his bird and tell him he isnt going to jail and hell sign anything you want

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Not that I want to see him get re-elected but if he did and that happened his flip to the left would be funny to watch bc his base would lose their shtein