This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 06, 2016, 06:55:45 AM
what turned the Phillies around was getting the new ballpark

So much this. Along with having their core all come together at the same time and actually perform well. But mostly because they built the perfect ballpark for their left handed bats.

Thome was with them for 2 good years (03/04) and an injury plagued year (05) that I think he might have appeared in 1/3 of their games.

In the 2 good years with Thome, the Phils won a combined 172 games.
In the 2 years preceding Thome, the Phils won a combined 166 games. 

Awesome 6 game turnaround.

PhillyPhreak54

More than the six games.

He was a huge part of the turnaround. Of course the core guys had something to do with that too. Back to back 40hr seasons. The fact a marquee FA signed and helped usher in the change in the franchise.

It's a team wall of fame. Settle down ladies

MDS

he signed here because they offered him more money than anyone else, money they finally spent because they were....going to have a new ballpark

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

And here's the voice of reason lil guy chiming in

MDS

thome was impossible not to like and he had a couple of good seasons

the wall of fame is a joke for a variety of reasons....its really just a collection of well liked people who at some point played for the phillies.

but the phillies wouldve done what they did with or without him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

And that's fine for a wall of fame. Fan favorites that were liked and good players.

Need to get Ricky Jordan up there

Mack keeping Nola in. Good

Geowhizzer

Great start by Nola tonight.  And the less bullpen, the better.

Don Ho

Damn!  Nola looks really good.  Happy with how Gullickson looked on Monday and Nola is throwing some shtein tonight. 

I won't enjoy watching this team this year but watching some of these young guys develope will be fun.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

not much more you can ask from this game

odb - hit, walk, run
the boy maik maik - dinger
nola - 7ip, 4h, 0 bb, 8k

if they win, they win. if they dont, they dont.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on April 06, 2016, 09:03:17 PM
if they win, they win. if they dont, they dont.

2016 in a nutshell.

Totally agree on your observation regarding Franco, ODB and Nola.    They all did their shtein, enjoy it, all we can expect.

PhillyPhreak54

Hinojosa is going to be the guy to blow it today