2015 College Basketball Thread

Started by ice grillin you, November 12, 2015, 05:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

the luck part is true but you have to give yourself the best possible chance....shooting to be .500 would have been idiotic...one day hopefully youll relaize this...

id much rather be the sixers than the bucks right now....but id also rather be the wolves than the sixers

overall the plan was a real good idea....problem was it was being implemented by a philadelphia sports team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

theres no guarantee trying to win wouldve led to sustained mediocrity....theres more than 1 way to win the nba

getting a superstar via the draft is the most likely way, sure, but how the sixers are doing that is just more overt than anything in history. youre on year 3 of this and they at best are going to have a 30% chance of it working.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 19, 2015, 11:55:20 AM
theres no guarantee trying to win wouldve led to sustained mediocrity....theres more than 1 way to win the nba

yes there are multiple ways to win in the nba....the sixers choose one of those ways which also happened to be the best for where their franchise was at the time as they had no chance to attract free agents and no assets to trade

you dont like the sixers way because from a morality standpoint you cant stomach losing on purpose....which makes no sense because you are the first person to cheer for tanking in an individual season but somehow two or three seasons is the worst thing ever....phillies are doing the same thing the sixers are doing right now but you love their "process"

the sixers are still tanking because they havent gotten anything out of the plan....if they had KAT and wiggins or hell just a healthy embiid then you wouldnt say they were tanking...they havent been any worse than minnesota since hinkie got here and in fact they have never had even the second worse record in the nba since hinkie arrived....so far minny has gotten lucky and they havent.....thats the bottom line....the plan itself has been fine

and i say this everytime but hinkie has been here for two seasons and 15 games....that is NOTHING in nba time

SunMo

yeah they really should have kept Hawes, Young, Lou Williams core together and TRIED harder
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

ben Simmonds is a man amongst boys....so fun to watch....just a crazy good passer

ice grillin you

bill walton doing the maui invatational....god do i love listening to him

also sain johns is losing to vanderbilt 23-2

BigEd76

TMAC and Alaa calling Nova/St. Joe's tonight on CBSSN

ice grillin you

wasn't rafferty working for fox last year?

MDS

they let him do cbs games

big difference between fox and espn is fox lets its stars be stars and encourages them to be seen anywhere and everywhere....at espn nothing can be bigger than the brand
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

GPII just threw down a ridiculous dunk over 2 Jayhawks.

Don Ho

This is why I love college basketball!  January 4 and this OU/KS game has a national title feel to it.  Brent and Dickie V. may have heart failure before this thing ends.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I'm not a college hoops fan until March Madness but this game was nuts

I needed a drink after watching that one

Sgt PSN

That game was bananas. Buddy Hield can farging stroke it.  Actually, OU can flat out shoot. I'm always weary of teams that score that much from the outside come tourney time, but I wouldn't want to face them on a neutral floor if I were Kansas.

Don Ho

OU made two cross country/pacific trips to Hawaii in two weeks.  Played in the Pearl Harbor Classic, went back to Norman and came back here for the Diamond Head Classic.  Yes, OU can can shoot.

Looking forward to LSU/Kentucky tonight
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN