Started by ice grillin you, May 09, 2011, 05:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

iguodala missed out on nba all defense first team and made the second team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Who the hell is Kate Fagan and why does she think the #1 need for the Sixers is a SG?

I don't see the Sixers play night in and night out like most of yous guys, but it seemed to me in the playoffs the thing that killed them most was rebounding and interior defense.  Granted, they do need a consistent scorer on the perimeter, but defense and rebounding wins in the playoffs.  Not to mention that her "plan" for acquiring a perimeter scorer is to trade Iguodala.  So she wants to get rid of the team's most athletic player and best defender in exchange for 15-20 pts from the perimeter?  Really?   

SunMo

she's the best beat writer they have and she's actually 100% right
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

They need one, but I don't think that it's priority #1 and I def don't think you give up Iggy to do it.  Any points you gain from the perimeter aren't going to matter when you're not getting defensive boards or 2nd chances on offense.  If they add a legit SG without moving Iggy, then I'd get it because the team is distinctively better.  But her suggestion seems to be a lateral move at best. 

ice grillin you

getting a perimeter scorer is not as important as shoring up the front line but if shes talking a 20 pt a game guy then its hard to argue with that...i dont know the exact numbers but id bet less than 20 people in the entire league averaged 20 pts a game...which means 20 pt a game two guards arent exactly like leaves in the fall

SunMo

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 22, 2011, 11:44:18 AM
They need one, but I don't think that it's priority #1 and I def don't think you give up Iggy to do it.  Any points you gain from the perimeter aren't going to matter when you're not getting defensive boards or 2nd chances on offense.  If they add a legit SG without moving Iggy, then I'd get it because the team is distinctively better.  But her suggestion seems to be a lateral move at best. 

lol yeah, we can't part with iguodala.  the overrated defender, horrible shooter, and overall piece of shtein.  don't trade that guy!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 22, 2011, 11:55:57 AM
getting a perimeter scorer is not as important as shoring up the front line but if shes talking a 20 pt a game guy then its hard to argue with that...i dont know the exact numbers but id bet less than 20 people in the entire league averaged 20 pts a game...which means 20 pt a game two guards arent exactly like leaves in the fall

19 to be exact....so you're right on it.  And of those 19, only 4 are 2 guards (Wade, Bryant, Ellis, Martin).  And all of 4 of them are in the top 9, but only 2 of them made the playoffs.  Seems to me that in today's NBA, it's not necessary to have a dominant 2 guard to win.  I'm not saying that the Sixers don't need a perimeter scorer, I just don't think you sacrifice the team's best defender (overrated or not) to get it.  Given Iggy's career average, a 20pt/game SG is only going to make a difference of about +5 points/game.  But how many points does Iggy prevent night in and night out with his defense?  If you think it's less than 5, then I guess it would make sense.  But if it's =/> 5, then it's a wash at best. 

reese125

I wouldnt take anyone on that list but maybe Ellis...and Im very iffy on that.

He's your banker on the guaranteed scoring average and 4th quarter scoring, but if anyone ever watched Warriors games that boy is a straight gunner. Not exactly Collins' cup of tea when it come to playing team basketball--which is exactly what they did very well last yr. So I dont think they would even go that route.

ice grillin you

i dont like ellis because he doesnt get to the line like i want my two guard to do...its actually pretty amazing that he was able to avg 20 pts a game while shooting an astounding 250 less free throws than kevin martin....and its not like he makes up for it by raining three pointers

ice grillin you

Sources: Warriors, Sixers talking trade
By Ric Bucher

The Golden State Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers have discussed a trade that would send the Warriors' leading scorer, Monta Ellis, to the 76ers for Andre Iguodala, according to league sources, including one with direct knowledge of Golden State's thinking.

One source stressed that completion of the deal is not imminent but that it has merits for both sides.

reese125

think this one is gonna go down. straight up trade too being their contracts are in 125% of each other.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

DH

My little bro interns for the Sixers now, and just texted me news and I thought he was kidding..Interesting, I guess - but I don't think its going to affect operations too much.

ice grillin you

snider/comcast have been entertaining offers for the sixers for the last five or six years...they almost sold them to another new york group back in the mid aughts