2011 Mets Season Thread

Started by ice grillin you, February 04, 2011, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/markets/market_news/article.jsp?content=D9L63S1G3

NEW YORK (AP) - A trustee trying to recover money for victims of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff is demanding $300 million from the partnership that owns the Mets, which he says were fake profits from the massive fraud, according to a lawsuit unsealed Friday.

pitchers and catchers report to port saint lucie on the 13th!!

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

As much as I hate the Mets that's a crock of shtein.

ice grillin you

im sure all the people who lost everything they own while the mets continously somehow caked off agree with you

and inf act the mets directly took other peoples money to run their team

Rome

Unless the Mets owners were a party to Madoff's crimes then all they were was fortunate beneficiaries.   The same goes for anyone who "sells high" before the bottom falls out.

ice grillin you

thats actually not true at all...if you receive money that wasnt yours you give it back...they are only taking the mets false profits not penalizing them anything above and beyond that....just as they have done to numerous other investors in the scheme...had the mets lost money and someone else made a gazillion dollars the mets would get money returned to them

it was an illegal operation you cant make money off that...especially when you are taking it from other people part of the pie

MDS

so wait, will jose reyes be able to buy his lube now?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

His tranny hookers prefer it raw anyway.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2011, 01:37:44 PM
thats actually not true at all...if you receive money that wasnt yours you give it back...they are only taking the mets false profits not penalizing them anything above and beyond that....just as they have done to numerous other investors in the scheme...had the mets lost money and someone else made a gazillion dollars the mets would get money returned to them

it was an illegal operation you cant make money off that...especially when you are taking it from other people part of the pie

Tell that to the people who made fortunes on Wall Street doing the exact same thing.

ice grillin you

im not saying it doesnt happen but if the jig is up and shtein gets exposed you gotta pay your profits back

Rome

Again - if they profited directly from his scheme and were willing partners in it, then yeah, they would be up the creek.  But that's what's being argued about now, and the fact is, the only reason the lawyers got involved is because they saw dollar signs.  What's going to happen is they aren't going to have to give up a dime of what they made as a result of the scheme because they weren't co-conspirators.

ice grillin you

the mets clearly were in cahoots and knew what was going on (as did many other investors)...but even if they werent a judge has already ruled that you must pay back any profits earned in the scheme

you cant make interest off of investments that didnt exist

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagles_Legendz

Francesa can be a pompous ass, but I have to say that I normally love his show.

PoopyfaceMcGee

DH

i love oliver perez..

4 runs, 3BB, 2IP, then this after the game..

"I know my velocity is not there yet, but that is why I have to work, keep working. ... I've been working too hard and I think everybody is kind of tired a little bit, because it was very sunny, but that's why it's spring training. You try to get ready and try to be confident in all your pitches for the season."