2010 Mets Season Thread

Started by DH, March 11, 2010, 04:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Jeff Francouer is smart:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/sp...tml?ref=sports

Excerpt:
"The Phillies have done great, I understand," Francouer said. "But, God, they have not had the injury bug. Not one guy has been out the last two years. Bless them, I'm not praying for them to be hurt, that's great. But you feel it's got to kick up sometime."
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

smeags

Seabiscuit36

Unidentified teammate says Mets have 'babied' Jose Reyes

By Andy Behrens

In professional sports – or at any level of any sport, really – you don't want to be compared to a baby. If that happens, you probably aren't being flattered. You don't want to be accused of babying anything, or of being babied. You don't want to be caught watching "Three Men and a Baby." You don't want anyone to overhear you singing "Baby I'm-a Want You."

Baby = not good.

So the recent comments made to the New York Post by an unnamed member of the Mets could potentially lead to friction:

On a day [Jose] Reyes appeared in a minor league exhibition game against the Cardinals – his most extensive action since returning last Wednesday from an overactive thyroid – one Mets player told The Post there is a prevailing feeling in the clubhouse that the shortstop is being "babied" because the organization fears a potential public relations hit should the shortstop reinjure his hamstring.

Reyes, of course, only appeared in 36 games last season due to hamstring troubles, and he was literally confined to a couch for two weeks this spring because of the thyroid issue. He's expected to hit lead-off for the Mets, whenever they allow him to do something more than participate in minor league games at half-speed.

As the unidentified player told the Post's Mike Puma, "You can get hurt as easily playing [a minor league exhibition] as playing on opening day."

There's a massive difference in talent between Reyes and his understudy, Alex Cora, so it's easy to understand the frustration expressed by the mystery Met. New York is substantially more dangerous (and entertaining) with Reyes on the field. Of course he's also a speed-dependent player, so if there's any ongoing reason to be concerned about his hamstrings, perhaps he should be babied just a little. Out of respect to Reyes, however, we should consider using a different term.

"Indulged?"

"Mollycoddled?"

"Protected-as-if-he-were-a-$9-million-asset?"

Suggestions are encouraged, as are your projections for Reyes' 2010 season...

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

francesa saying big pelf has tightness in his shoulder and had or will have an mri

Sgt PSN

I still have a boner from yesterday's game.  Once the Phils dropped 9 in the 4th, the Mets just totally gave up and mailed it in for that game.  And that is what made yesterday so awesome.  The monster inning was great, but watching give up immediately after was just farging priceless. 

Rome

Watching the reactions from the Mets fans in the house was fairly awesome too.

Munson

Who the farg does Rod Barajas think he is lately?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

LBIggle

it's like his eyes are pleading for no more rape dungeon, but his mouth is ok with it.