Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Gonna have to change the bait on that line if you want to catch any fishies.

Drunkmasterflex

On a positive note one of the top OL in the country Dorian Johnson just committed tonight. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

From "What, me worry?" to, "Oh shtein, I'm going to jail for the rest of my miserable life."

QB Eagles

I assume most of you have seen it since the news is a day old, but CNN has been reporting on the contents of the emails that Penn State officials sent to each other back in 2001 when they decided to cover up Sandusky's child abuse. Good ol' Joe doesn't come out looking so good. At one point, there's a three-part plan to tell Sandusky to stop farging kids in the shower, inform Second Mile, and inform the state child welfare agencies.

QuoteBut then, something changes.

The next evening, February 27, Curley allegedly writes to Spanier; Schultz, who's out of the office for two weeks, is copied.

Curley refers to a meeting scheduled that day with Spanier and indicates they apparently discussed the Sandusky incident two days earlier.

Curley indicates he no longer wants to contact child welfare authorities just yet. He refers to a conversation the day before with Paterno. It's not known what Paterno may have said to Curley.

Curley allegedly writes: "After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps."

Spanier decides to "humanely" trust Jerry to stop raping. The only "downside" would be if Jerry keeps raping, and then a bunch of people find out there was a cover-up. Oops.

Quote"The only downside for us is if the message (to Sandusky) isn't 'heard' and acted upon, and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it," Spanier purportedly writes.

"But that can be assessed down the road. The approach you outline is humane and a reasonable way to proceed," he adds.

ice grillin you

be prepared for ff to call you a hippo

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

it's flabbergasting that people in such high profile positions could make such clueless decisions.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

Graham Spanier is basically the immaculate combination of bureaucrat, academic, elitist, and douche. It seems very odd to me that he isn't being charged with anything. Maybe that will change, which wouldn't be too mind-boggling.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Freeh report, 9am Thursday. Should be interesting.

MDS

interesting how?

interesting when they have to take down the statue of that fraud paterno?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The statue is historically inaccurate, as he never ran on the field holding up a #1 on his finger - occasionally holding up a fist, however.

I'm sure that's why it's fraudulent, yes?