Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

forget the very huge factor of it being the right thing to do to report this stuff to Second Mile, police, fbi, whomever...

why would anybody in this day and age think that they can cover anything like this up?  at the very least if you're not a good enough person to follow up on it, wouldn't you follow up on it just to cover your own ass when lid eventually blows off?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hbionic

Quote from: SunMo on November 09, 2011, 02:45:02 PM

I hope she gets molested with the lights on in front of a mirror so she can know whats happening.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on November 09, 2011, 04:23:32 PM
sorry but anyone who transfers out of penn state because of what a horrible old man and some administrators did needs to get a grip on reality.

i've never been a rah rah school pride guy, and yeah it's embarrassing at the moment, but it doesn't make the education, memories, friends i made there, etc., any less. it's not going to change my life one bit.

and maybe i just work with/hang out with more reasonable people than most but even though yeah i've had to talk about it with people over the last few days, no one thinks any less of me.

Exactly. WTF are people doing transferring? Jesus. I'm sort of distraught about the whole thing for totally internal reasons but I can't imagine anyone giving a flying farg about it with regards to how they actually think of me.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SunMo on November 09, 2011, 04:41:35 PM
forget the very huge factor of it being the right thing to do to report this stuff to Second Mile, police, fbi, whomever...

why would anybody in this day and age think that they can cover anything like this up?  at the very least if you're not a good enough person to follow up on it, wouldn't you follow up on it just to cover your own ass when lid eventually blows off?

I read stuff today that Second Mile was made aware of this a few years ago (if I remember correctly), and didn't do anything about it either.

I find it hard to believe there are that many zesty people in this world.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on November 09, 2011, 04:48:46 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on November 09, 2011, 04:23:32 PM
sorry but anyone who transfers out of penn state because of what a horrible old man and some administrators did needs to get a grip on reality.

i've never been a rah rah school pride guy, and yeah it's embarrassing at the moment, but it doesn't make the education, memories, friends i made there, etc., any less. it's not going to change my life one bit.

and maybe i just work with/hang out with more reasonable people than most but even though yeah i've had to talk about it with people over the last few days, no one thinks any less of me.

Exactly. WTF are people doing transferring? Jesus. I'm sort of distraught about the whole thing for totally internal reasons but I can't imagine anyone giving a flying farg about it with regards to how they actually think of me.

It might have something to do with a less than stellar opinion of you in the first place, though.

rjs246

Yes, you're probably right about that.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

The first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was this freaking scandal. I forget about it at work because I'm so busy but once I hit my car and listen to the radio it all starts again. I usually don't take shtein like this to heart but when you've dedicated your entire life to one school and drank all the blue and white kool-aid it kicks you in the ass when something bad like this happens. I mean, if you dreamed up the worst possible scenario it wouldn't be this bad.

Rome

So, wait... people are actually considering transferring out of Penn State because of this?   What a bunch of weakminded farging bitches.

I have to say the video of the students cheering it up for Paterno like it was some sort of pep rally was really awful, however.

Shows a lack of common sense on their parts, but then again, they're college kids so it's not really all that surprising.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 03:17:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 09, 2011, 02:10:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 01:50:11 PM
its going to be so incredibly uncomfortable seeing that creepy old dood chillin out and coaching his football team on national tv while child rape victims are popping up all over state college...i dont know if the old man just doesnt get it cares more about records than kids or is just so full of himself that hes like im gonna throw this in the face of as many people as i can...

fact is he needs to be as far away from a penn state fiootball game as possible ever again but especially right now

and the board excuse is preposterous...what does him coaching this weekend have to do with allowing the board to concentrate on the scandal

on a football note nebraska lost at home to northwestern so i wouldnt say theres no way penn state will beat them

JoePa didn't rape any kids. 

1. sandusky
2. ginger
3. Gricar
4. Curley
5.Schultz
6. Spanier
7. Paterno

Let's not forget the initial case in 1998, where the DA/police ignored Sandusky admitting to a mom that he acted "inappropriately."

in 1998 paternos good friend and right hand man gets accused of and admits to child molestation

in 2002 paternos good friend and former right hand man rapes a kid in football locker room shower

so what does the emperor of penn state do?...he tells the AD and then forgets about it forever

FF to 1997 sandusky is still bringing children to paternos practices and games

joe did everything but rape kids...he was the pope and sandusky was his bishop

joes absolutely deserves more blame than curley or spanier...its not even close...and hes rigth there with the rest of them because he oversaw all this happen and was the god up there...he should be held to a higher standard...either way no matter what order you put them in the fact is if this guy coaches one more game much less the rest of a season at penn state it will be a complete travesty...he should retire and go away forever...just go die in silence somewhere

Joe Hated Sandusky, Sandusky hated him.  I have no clue where you're getting that they were out ripping beers and banging 12 year olds together. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Speaking of which, some are now suggesting that the players shouldn't play on Saturday out of solidarity for the victims. Neat, that's just what will let the healing begin.

The coverage of this has ranged from the lazy to the absurd.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 09, 2011, 07:35:18 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 03:17:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 09, 2011, 02:10:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 01:50:11 PM
its going to be so incredibly uncomfortable seeing that creepy old dood chillin out and coaching his football team on national tv while child rape victims are popping up all over state college...i dont know if the old man just doesnt get it cares more about records than kids or is just so full of himself that hes like im gonna throw this in the face of as many people as i can...

fact is he needs to be as far away from a penn state fiootball game as possible ever again but especially right now

and the board excuse is preposterous...what does him coaching this weekend have to do with allowing the board to concentrate on the scandal

on a football note nebraska lost at home to northwestern so i wouldnt say theres no way penn state will beat them

JoePa didn't rape any kids. 

1. sandusky
2. ginger
3. Gricar
4. Curley
5.Schultz
6. Spanier
7. Paterno

Let's not forget the initial case in 1998, where the DA/police ignored Sandusky admitting to a mom that he acted "inappropriately."

in 1998 paternos good friend and right hand man gets accused of and admits to child molestation

in 2002 paternos good friend and former right hand man rapes a kid in football locker room shower

so what does the emperor of penn state do?...he tells the AD and then forgets about it forever

FF to 1997 sandusky is still bringing children to paternos practices and games

joe did everything but rape kids...he was the pope and sandusky was his bishop

joes absolutely deserves more blame than curley or spanier...its not even close...and hes rigth there with the rest of them because he oversaw all this happen and was the god up there...he should be held to a higher standard...either way no matter what order you put them in the fact is if this guy coaches one more game much less the rest of a season at penn state it will be a complete travesty...he should retire and go away forever...just go die in silence somewhere

Joe Hated Sandusky, Sandusky hated him.  I have no clue where you're getting that they were out ripping beers and banging 12 year olds together.

whatever makes you feel better about all this...i just hope to god you arent in somehow trying to defend paterno
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Hawk

Penn State's current students will do anything to defend him at this point.  I'm been getting in Facebook debates most of the night.   Apparently posting videos of Joe PA in his living room makes it ok to defend him.  If he didn't seem like a confused grandpa I don't think they'd be defending him.

ice grillin you

sometimes in situations like this the people defending someone at least have a sort of gray area...like its not really clear what happened....or its a he said she said thing where you take a side...or the defenders try and minimize the crime...but paterno (and all these other people involved) are so blatantly on the wrong side of just about the worst crime there is that its hard to believe youd find more than a handful of morons defending him....thats why that demonstration last night was so apalling
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 08:54:44 PM
sometimes in situations like this the people defending someone at least have a sort of gray area...like its not really clear what happened....or its a he said she said thing where you take a side...or the defenders try and minimize the crime...but paterno (and all these other people involved) are so blatantly on the wrong side of just about the worst crime there is that its hard to believe youd find more than a handful of morons defending him....thats why that demonstration last night was so apalling

pretty much

Hawk

I've been told that I don't understand because I didn't go to Penn State??? I'm confused what that means.  If Martelli was accused of covering up this type of shtein, I'd wash my hands of him so fast.  In fact, I wash my hands of already for being such an overrated coach.