Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

its not like you said cause you have no clue what went on or even if legal ,atters like this are even punishable as it pertains to a sports program...it may have happened but im unaware of a college program having sanctions brought down on them that had nothing to do with any actual athletes agents or boosters
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 06, 2011, 01:24:51 AM
so now apparently the GA who witnessed the sex act was ginger mcqueary

First person that came to mind. Zero surprise here.

This is going to be a big deal and it should be. I'm not sure how it is supposed to change much about any of my feelings in the long run, though. The grand jury doesn't seem to be taking this lightly, and Joe isn't being charged. Sandusky, Curley, and that other guy (who oversees the university police) are going to get theirs, Spanier is still a douche, and Joe is almost certain to retire after the season.

So, it hurts. Very bad for the school. Will make me a little hesitant to sport my PSU logo clothes for a while. But ultimately, the program is still squeaky clean on actual NCAA rules, and only a handful of iceholes (possibly including JoePa) were involved in the heinous acts and cover-up. A new AD and new coaching staff will go a long way toward disassociating it with the future of the program, I hope. Still, it kind of puts the idea of getting free tattoos in perspective, eh?

ice grillin you

in no way do i not think its huge deal...im just very uncertain if it translates into actual sanctions against the football program itself....i dont think it will
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yes, exactly. Worse for the school as a whole and for the Penn State "community" than for the football program itself.

But haters like MDS will certainly get a high level of satisfaction as this plays out.

rjs246

I won't lie, I am struggling big time with this. I've been a Lions fan my whole life. Both parents went there. My sister and I both went there. The football program, Paterno and Sandusky are all a big part of my mental image of Penn State and as a jaded relatively unsentimental guy, the football team has always been the easiest way to reminisce and express a little pride in the school. There's no question that this blunts all of that.

Like FF said, I'll be hesitant to sport my gear now and it's going to be damn difficult to reconcile all of this with 33 years of totally contradictory internal imagery.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

It's farging sickening, but i just don't see how NCAA sanctions happen.  Heads will roll, JoePa is probably going to hang around, but this may be what makes him decide to hang it up.  Sandusky needs to die a painful death. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

I can't see how the NCAA would violate the program because none of this, as heinous as it is, has to do with football or recruiting. This is a criminal act not related to students or the process of running a program.

Paterno did the right thing by reporting it to his direct superior. The question is should he have the responsibility of following up and exactly how much did he know beyond what the GA told him? Once he reported it he seemingly washed his hands of it. Perhaps he saw that nothing was done so he assumed the allegations were not very strong? I bet he thinks "hey I passed it up the chain and its not my job to investigate further". Or perhaps he follows up with the AD and President and was told that there was nothing to it? "Hey Joe, we investigated this and there is nothing here". If he is told that then he thinks its true and is done with it.

So I see Paterno as a peripheral player here. The scandal will likely be enough to force him into retirement but I am not quite sure how much blame can be levied on him.

The AD, Finance guy and president are the ones who should be lit up. And I'd bet that Sandusky ends up committing suicide or makes an attempt at it.

Seabiscuit36

I'd give him an elephant gun to do the job.  farging dirtbag
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Drunkmasterflex

FF I am just curious as to why you think this will make Joe Pa leave? And I agree with igy I don't see how this is something that brings up sanctions.  Why would the NCAA punish kids now that have nothing to do with any of this.  To me its completely a legal matter.

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

methdeez

Rome

How can Paterno not leave after this?   I mean come on.

It's not his fault but it happened under his watch so ultimately he has to be held to account for it.

And yeah I hate Penn State with a passion but this isn't some random blast of irrationality on the part of a hater.  It's fairly simple.  Joe has to go and he should walk away now rather than being fed to the jackals for months on end before being forced out on his ass.

MDS

i think yall have to remember that sandusky used his power and place and resources with the football team to rape these kids. he did it in the showers, lockers, on bowl game trips and the administration knew what he was doing and still let him get away with all of it

to me if the ncaa is gonna go crazy over tattoos or text messages they should punish psu for this. did this affect any wins and losses? no probably not. but just letting the program get off with nothing isnt exactly the right thing to do.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on November 06, 2011, 12:04:01 PM
FF I am just curious as to why you think this will make Joe Pa leave? And I agree with igy I don't see how this is something that brings up sanctions.  Why would the NCAA punish kids now that have nothing to do with any of this.  To me its completely a legal matter.

I think he was going to retire anyway. He's not even trying to go back to the sideline, has taken bigger steps away from the day-to-day coaching tasks, etc. This just makes it basically a certainty he'll want to get out of the limelight.

Seabiscuit36

SD

QuotePenn State, you should be embarrassed. And not because one of your former assistant football coaches is allegedly a pedophile; rather, you should be ashamed that some of the top administrators of your institution of higher learning allegedly acted in such an unconscionable and reprehensible manner. A housecleaning from top to bottom is in order, and should be demanded by any and every graduate of what is a university with a carefully-crafted and previously pristine image. -Attorney General Linda Kelly