Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

the current AD covered it up and the disgraceful fossil head coach told his boss and let it go

to me thats pretty sickening even though child fondling is probably not something a 3000 year old italian man can comprehend. if the AD and joe pa fall id be cool.

the president of the school is a different story. farg that guy with all the might in the world.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the best part of the whole thing is that joe and the ad go...i wish it didnt happen but in the long run its a good thing for the program
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yea im sure urban meyer and his farged up heart are aching to come in and clean up a child rapist mess

this thing is going to destroy psu for years and maybe forever. rival recruiters are going to use this against them and frankly if im a parent and its between psu and pitt and one school is whatever and the other covered up their dc farging 10 year olds in the shower im going with pitt

for a while i dont see how psu lives this down
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

classic overreaction in the moment...if penn state gets a good head coach/recruiter down the road then they will be fine...they were never going to be great if all this didnt happen...but to act lke they are going to be indiana because an ex assitant coach banged some kids is just not true

they were probably gonna suck after paterno anyway cause whoever follows a legend struggles...but in five years no high school kids will even know who jerry sandusky is and hopefully they will have  kirk ferentz type and be battling for big ten titles

MDS

speaking of bets

penn state big 10 titles next ten yrs

o/u .5

UNDER

ice grillin you

i would say zero...but i would have said zero before sandusky...again it has no effect in terms of b10 titles

the better question is something along the lines of how many bottom half of the conf. finishes do they have

youd probably say like 8....id say three

MDS

the big 10 is such a joke you could be right

but i think youre underplaying how this is going to destroy psu. ncaa sanctions could be coming...media will destroy them....recruits backing out....players transferring....it could be a disaster zone for a few years before they hire XXXX to clean it up

ice grillin you

there will be zero ncaa sanctions

and i dont doubt that they will be a mess for a few years but they would have been anyway is my point

you are speaking about this on the day it broke wide open...lets see how much noise its making in a year...maybe im way underestimating it and you are right

MDS

the best comparison i can think of is baylor hoops after the murder thing. see how i call it the murder thing because i dont remember it.

exactly. but after that baylor was even worse than normal....within a few years they turned it around made the final eight last year. and thats what will happen with psu. it will be horrendous for a handful of years then everyone will forget, theyll turn it around and everything will resume like normal.

and even when theyre down the next 2-3 years they will still beat temple

ice grillin you

just from a program perspective thats a terrible comparison because penn state football has an infinitely more solid foundation from which to work from to get back up if they fall than does baylor basketball

also baylor got massive sanctions....i dont see where penn state does here...baylor had a current player involved in this case with penn state we are talking about a retired coach..also the baylor punishment was more about cash payments and drugs involving players on the current roster...the murders werent what got them in the most trouble

again i could be way wrong and i totally leave open the possibility that penn state could get smacked but i dont see where the football program specifically should be punished

MDS

the athletic director and head coach essentially covered up a child rape sex scandal. thats not exactly something the ncaa can ignore.

on top of that, penn st knew about what sandusky was doing and still paid him a salary and still let him travel to bowl games and gave him use him of the facilities and what not. even though hes not actually a coach anymore he was still very involved in what went on there, he raped kids and the administration tried to make it go away.

if he was just the dc who took 10 year olds back to his basement to farg them then it doesnt touch psu. but the fact that all these people were involved, that they knew and that he used his place at the school to curry favor with the boys and actually raped them on campus grounds is a serious serious issue.

i just can see how the ncaa lets psu football continue on like nothing happened

ice grillin you

imo its a legal matter not a football ncaa matter...just because he used to coach football doesnt mean the football program will be or should be punished...the cover up is limited to the AD which oversees all sports not just football and the dood who oversaw campus police...which has nothing to do with football

if paterno was implicated or any other member of the football staff knew something and there was a cover up then yeah i could see football sanctions

but again maybe ill be proved wrong on that

ice grillin you

so now apparently the GA who witnessed the sex act was ginger mcqueary

ice grillin you

also reub reporting this

Sandusky brought young boys to Penn State football practice 5 years after Joe Paterno was made aware of Sandusky's past history of abuse

MDS

like i said, ncaa sanctions have to come down

they just let this go on and someone has to pay